SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UVU

sioux2013

Talk about a must win game. UVA is 8-1 in great west play and we are 5-2. UVU is playing extremly well right now with a convincing win over South Dakota last night. They shot alot of threes against SD last night so we must limit the open looks. Keys for us will be to take good open shots, not circus shots with 2-3 defenders on us and of course MAKE our free-throws. With the play of Allard both on the offensive and defensive end I believe we are playing our best basketball of the season. Proven starting line up with the 4 freshmen and Mitchell with Anderson,Allard ,Benter and Clausen coming off the bench. I really like the rotation we have been using with Webb, Schuler and Anderson rotating in and out of the guard positions and Huff, Mitchell rotating with Clausen and Allard at the 3-4 position and Brekke and Benter at the 5. Next 2 games are HUGE. Go Sioux

Talk about a must win game. UVA is 8-1 in great west play and we are 5-2. UVU is playing extremly well right now with a convincing win over South Dakota last night. They shot alot of threes against SD last night so we must limit the open looks. Keys for us will be to take good open shots, not circus shots with 2-3 defenders on us and of course MAKE our free-throws. With the play of Allard both on the offensive and defensive end I believe we are playing our best basketball of the season. Proven starting line up with the 4 freshmen and Mitchell with Anderson,Allard ,Benter and Clausen coming off the bench. I really like the rotation we have been using with Webb, Schuler and Anderson rotating in and out of the guard positions and Huff, Mitchell rotating with Clausen and Allard at the 3-4 position and Brekke and Benter at the 5. Next 2 games are HUGE. Go Sioux

Agree 2013, have not seen Allard play in many weeks. If he gets undressed on court as he did in Madison we have a problem. In Az on winter respite so not up on the team other than a nice win against LA tech and overall seem to be on the way up. Hoping for solid play and wins the rest of the way. Go Sioux!

Did anyone else notice when we made the big comeback the ball was dribbled up the court by Webb and given to Schuler to penetrate and either shoot it or dish it to the open guy. Basically he ran the point as we went from 10 down to 5 ahead. Tough luck by him on the free throws at the end. A lot of pressure and hopefully next time he will make them. We could have easily won both games against this team if not for free throws. 9-16. Go Sioux

Nice game for the guys but....

why does mathison play ahead of doug archer. mike got a three second call, offensive foul, and a missed jumper in four minutes. doug had a blocked shot, offensive rebound, and a layup in a four minutes?

didn't like the "four corners" plays at the end of the game for the sioux...

webb was awesome in the second half

nice webcast...gonna be nice to have that we we join the big sky..

Nice game for the guys but....

why does mathison play ahead of doug archer. mike got a three second call, offensive foul, and a missed jumper in four minutes. doug had a blocked shot, offensive rebound, and a layup in a four minutes?

didn't like the "four corners" plays at the end of the game for the sioux...

webb was awesome in the second half

nice webcast...gonna be nice to have that we we join the big sky..

Agree

Once again the Sioux played a very good game.. We sure lost 2 heartbreakers to Utah Valley though. I kind of wondered why Mathison was in there too. It sure is fun to see our Men's team play good ball and be competitive. In the last 2 minutes of the game I would of liked to have seen Anderson in the game. For the most part he has been our money man at the ends of games. I still marvel how good our team has played with a bunch of freshman. The future is very exciting. In the post game did I hear the Utah Valley coach say that his team has beaten a couple of Pac 10 teams? Schuler had a great game except for the 2 free throws at the end.

• Downvote 1

The great thing about the men this year is they don't give up. Even in losses at some point they appear to be getting blown away and find a way to fight back and almost pull out the win. The experience of these types of games should prove very beneficial in the future. This has been a very productive season thus far but imagine with one or two more free throws made in about 4 games what it could have been. Go Sioux

Once again the Sioux played a very good game.. We sure lost 2 heartbreakers to Utah Valley though. I kind of wondered why Mathison was in there too. It sure is fun to see our Men's team play good ball and be competitive. In the last 2 minutes of the game I would of liked to have seen Anderson in the game. For the most part he has been our money man at the ends of games. I still marvel how good our team has played with a bunch of freshman. The future is very exciting. In the post game did I hear the Utah Valley coach say that his team has beaten a couple of Pac 10 teams? Schuler had a great game except for the 2 free throws at the end.

I agree Anderson has been very clutch at the end of the games but a very high percentage of his points have been free throws at the end of the games we were ahead and the other team had to foul. Last night I didn't think he made very good decisions with the ball and forced a lot of shots in the first half, plus UVU was not in a fouling situation. As i posted earlier Schuler was basically running point that brought us back from a 10 point deficit to a 5 point lead. Its amazing when we are trying to close out games this year the competition makes every three they throw up. They made 2 clutch 3's in the final minutes and then the go ahead dunk by the Big man. Thats another area we have had problems all year is against a really big man in the middle and last night was no exception. I believe their big man led them in scoring with 16 or so.