SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU still believes....

Brent_Bobyck

All in all it is not fun missing the playoffs, but I am still happy with a team that will likely finish the season 8-3. It is a hell of an improvement over last years 2 meager wins. And....the Bison were 2 OTs from being 10-1. Next year should prove to be interesting. Lucky for UND you are not playing us.....You may well get your asses whooped...

All in all it is not fun missing the playoffs, but I am still happy with a team that will likely finish the season 8-3. It is a hell of an improvement over last years 2 meager wins. And....the Bison were 2 OTs from being 10-1. Next year should prove to be interesting. Lucky for UND you are not playing us.....You may well get your asses whooped...

That would be a change now wouldn't it.

Lucky for UND you are not playing us.....You may well get your asses whooped...

Perhaps if the Bison actually made the playoffs your team would have a chance to back that statement up. As it stands, that won't be the case!

As a side note, QB Stauss said in today's Forum that NDSU deserved to be considered for the playoffs simply because their win over Montana should "trump" everything else!

Jeez, for a guy that transferred from Northwestern I would expect a little more intelligence. First, if his statement carried any weight, then SCSU deserves consideration simply because they beat the team that beat Montana. Second, if that logic carried water, teams could go 1-9, but as long as they beat a quality D-1Aminus team, they should be in the playoffs. Silly.

But, his statement doesn't really surprise me considering after the UND game he said that loss didn't really matter because NDSU would win the rest of their games and make the playoffs anyway.

Hey, Tony, how's the crow?

btw, this was NDSU's last real shot at the playoffs for what, the next ten years?

Any recruits from this next recruiting season will be play off elgible in D1AA during thier time at NDSU. We had a great run in D2 and now we will have one in D1AA. We are a couple of OTs from going to the playoff. It is just that on those particular Saturdays, the Bison didn't get the job done. I am sure that all have learned and that NDSU will be in the hunt for the Championship of the Great West Conference next year.

So DI athletics improves research and academics?

Better tell that to MIT and Cal Tech (a pair of DIIIs). :silly:

Like i said in the past 2 posts (maybe read them next time?), upgrading our athletics is not causing us to upgrade our adademics and research. It's the other way around! We're upgrading our whole image as a university.