SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU @ UND

SiouxMD

Remind me again what side of the ball the coaches thought they could hang their hat on? It was quite obvious that Southern Utah had no respect for the Sioux defense. Where were the adjustments at halftime. Not exactly what you want your alumni to see. When was the last time a Sioux team was totally dominated on both sides of the ball like this at homecoming, or anytime for that matter. The more and more I look at it, it appears to be the schemes rather than the personnel. At least I would hope that the talent level isn't that big of a discrepancy. I actually bought into the confidence the defensive coaches were gushing over at the beginning of the year.

I know many people keep saying we are a young team and that we are recruiting well and we should give it another year or so. I have to say I don't see it. Our players are not fundamentally sound when it comes to positioning, tackling, and discipline. It doesn't matter how good an athlete is if you are not fundamentally sound. I tend to agree with dlsioux in that we need to see an overhaul with the coaching staff. We also need to pony up some cash to bring some decent calibre coaches. If we stick with Mussman, we are stuck with mediocrity at best.

Remind me again what side of the ball the coaches thought they could hang their hat on? It was quite obvious that Southern Utah had no respect for the Sioux defense. Where were the adjustments at halftime. Not exactly what you want your alumni to see. When was the last time a Sioux team was totally dominated on both sides of the ball like this at homecoming, or anytime for that matter. The more and more I look at it, it appears to be the schemes rather than the personnel. At least I would hope that the talent level isn't that big of a discrepancy. I actually bought into the confidence the defensive coaches were gushing over at the beginning of the year.

Back in the mid 80's when we were at the bottom of the NCC, and now we are headed to the bottom of the FCS.

Mussman happy with the way the defense battled. Talked about the four players that went down with injuries making it a shell of a defense. Problem with that is that they had all of those players in the first half and still could not stop Southern Utah.