SiouxSports.com Forum

Satelllite trouble for FSSN?

borderking

I was curious if anyone couldn't see the game on Sunday night (Sioux vs Manitoba) . I tried for 2 hours and no luck. Didn't move my dish from last year (no motor-only FTA chanel I watch). Did a blind scan-nothing. Tried manually to put the corrdinates in-nothing. I guess my question is ..any special obvious trick I may have missed or is this a problem others have also??

Thanks

I was curious if anyone couldn't see the game on Sunday night (Sioux vs Manitoba) . I tried for 2 hours and no luck. Didn't move my dish from last year (no motor-only FTA chanel I watch). Did a blind scan-nothing. Tried manually to put the corrdinates in-nothing. I guess my question is ..any special obvious trick I may have missed or is this a problem others have also??

Thanks

I had no problem getting the game on Sunday (feed was up at about 5:45pm). The satellite coordinates were different than originally posted on the ralph website (I had to blind scan to find it).

Sounds like you tried that too though, so you may have to look and see if either some trees are now in the way which were not before, or possibly your alignment is off.

And yes, the FTA channel is on the same satellite it was last year.

Thanks

There are a multitude of Sioux fans that have had trouble with the broadcast, likely a problem with the transponder, and possibly pull from a next door satellite. It sounded to be especially bad in the TC area (even PSB couldn't get a good picture). I was able to get it in NWND, but at a lower quality % then the other transponders on 91W. Sioux fans have been contacting theralph with concerns, hopefully they'll be using a different tp for future games (the tp originally listed has yet to be used)

• Upvote 1

There are a multitude of Sioux fans that have had trouble with the broadcast, likely a problem with the transponder, and possibly pull from a next door satellite. It sounded to be especially bad in the TC area (even PSB couldn't get a good picture). I was able to get it in NWND, but at a lower quality % then the other transponders on 91W. Sioux fans have been contacting theralph with concerns, hopefully they'll be using a different tp for future games (the tp originally listed has yet to be used)

Here is a video I JUST made of the issue.........

No amout of "Peaking" helped : (

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Here is a video I JUST made of the issue.........

No amout of "Peaking" helped : (

I am having the same problem with the women's game tonight trying to get it from central Kansas. I can get a great signal on the "Occasional Use" transponder, but not good enough to even get a picture on the FSSN transponder. I called them and they basicly said they were getting good signal and that is what they were assigned. I tried tweaking on the strong transponder to get it better and did not have any luck.

• Upvote 1

working fine here in the SW Twin Cities...nice and strong 68-69 signal on the Coolsat 5000 :)

No breakups at all

No breakups on the traxis either (73%), but the signal is weaker than the other 91W tp's. It isn't the coolsat.

• Upvote 2

I have a situation -->> MAYDAY MAYDAY!

I cannot find my remote control to my traxis receiver anywhere and I have not set up my dish (Auto-scanned) for the new position this year. My dish is still on 91W and I am getting some feeds but I have no way that I know of to do an auto scan when the game comes on to identify the new channel for FSSN.

The old channel (last years FSSN) is programmed on in my receiver but I'm sure that won't do me any good.

Is there anyway to control the traxis other than the remote. or is there a way to use another remote like my direct tv programmable remote to work on the traxis?

• Upvote 1

I have a situation -->> MAYDAY MAYDAY!

I cannot find my remote control to my traxis receiver anywhere and I have not set up my dish (Auto-scanned) for the new position this year. My dish is still on 91W and I am getting some feeds but I have no way that I know of to do an auto scan when the game comes on to identify the new channel for FSSN.

The old channel (last years FSSN) is programmed on in my receiver but I'm sure that won't do me any good.

Is there anyway to control the traxis other than the remote. or is there a way to use another remote like my direct tv programmable remote to work on the traxis?

Sorry no, drop me an e-mail and I can get you one for COST price ; ) A universal remote may work, but much more costly!

GO SIOUX!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok I have two hours to tip my house upside down while at the same time continually telling myself that I love my children :lol: .

If I fail I will be in touch.

Thanks as always PSB.

Your wife can find it; they can find anything.

• Upvote 1

Ok I have two hours to tip my house upside down while at the same time continually telling myself that I love my children :lol: .

If I fail I will be in touch.

Thanks as always PSB.

start by ripping the couch apart and go from there...good luck... :)

No amount of tweaking increases the quality, it's not your system , it's the tp. I'm getting the feed, at lower signal quality than other 91W tps, may be my larger dish, not sure.

Just for my piece of mind, what is the tp and rate you are getting the signal on? I wonder if it different than they told me once you folks blind scanned it. Thanks.

Just for my piece of mind, what is the tp and rate you are getting the signal on? I wonder if it different than they told me once you folks blind scanned it. Thanks.

Freq. 12065

Pol. V

SR. 4870

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No breakups on the traxis either (73%), but the signal is weaker than the other 91W tp's. It isn't the coolsat.

just stating what receiver I was using...the azbox shows a 40 quality (30 is threshold) and the meter is wacky...max is like 84 or so on that one

damn I wonder what I would get for signal with the 6 footer :)

(using the stock 30" dish I have here)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Freq. 12065

Pol. V

SR. 4870

They told me tp12064 Pol V SR 4880. I tried yours and it was actually weaker on mine. Still get 70+ on the "Occasional Use" tp. Looks like I am screwed this year as long as they stay on this tp. I have had no problems for five years with all their satellite changes and tp changes, and now a poor tp kills watching the Sioux for me. Really sad since my signal rates last year on this satellite for Sioux games were 55-80%. All I need is 40+ for a perfect picture and all I am getting is 30-37%.

They told me tp12064 Pol V SR 4880. I tried yours and it was actually weaker on mine. Still get 70+ on the "Occasional Use" tp. Looks like I am screwed this year as long as they stay on this tp. I have had no problems for five years with all their satellite changes and tp changes, and now a poor tp kills watching the Sioux for me. Really sad since my signal rates last year on this satellite for Sioux games were 55-80%. All I need is 40+ for a perfect picture and all I am getting is 30-37%.

64 or 65 will not make much differance, but your right well worth a fiddle where every signal point counts. Every LNB is off just a little so tinkering with the freq. can help.

I am sure the pros at the Ralph will get it sorted out, by next week they will have seen my video and heard from honest members of this forum like yourself who have had no problems for years using the same satellite setup.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

honestly that got me thinking too Bob

The FSSN figures as long as the cable companies dont complain about a bad signal and FCS doesn't complain they wont do anything...remember we are just observers.

But during the FB game a couple weeks ago they did have transmission troubles for about 5-6 minutes. The hockey games have been fine.

Also keep in mind **most** of these companies getting the signal is probably using a larger (1.2m or larger) dish.....Midco gets a direct feed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2