SiouxSports.com Forum

Unbelievable Finish

GeauxSioux

I was walking into a cajun restaurant on Saturday night with the family and the LSU/Tennessee game was just ending. The restaurant employees weren't happy with the results, which we thought meant that LSU had lost, since the restaurant is littered with LSU and Saints memorabilia. We didn't notice at the time that two of them were wearing Florida and Auburn garb. We watched the replay and figured out why they weren't happy. My wife being an LSU grad was happy. If you didn't catch the crazy ending here it is.......

I put this under the wrong tab. :blush: Mods can move it to appropriate place if they would like.

I was walking into a cajun restaurant on Saturday night with the family and the LSU/Tennessee game was just ending. The restaurant employees weren't happy with the results, which we thought meant that LSU had lost, since the restaurant is littered with LSU and Saints memorabilia. We didn't notice at the time that two of them were wearing Florida and Auburn garb. We watched the replay and figured out why they weren't happy. My wife being an LSU grad was happy. If you didn't catch the crazy ending here it is.......

I put this under the wrong tab. :blush: Mods can move it to appropriate place if they would like.

I guess games are not over when the clock strikes zero. WOW!!!

I know that as long as the lineman aren't set, LSU can substitute and did, the defense is then suppose to get enough time to substitute as well. I guess my question is did Tennessee? I guess by looking at it they did & it is their own darn fault they couldn't substitute correctly--I dislike Tennessee, but I really despise LSU, and certainly would gained more satisfaction seeing the Tigers lose. I always agree with an Ole Miss Tradition... directly following the national anthem when the stadium is still so quiet... and then one lone person yells...."Go to hell, LSU" Then the whole place errupts. They do it every game, even when they are not playing LSU, they do it when they play Arkasas State School of the Dumb, and all SEC opponents, and most importantly LSU Games. I think it's hilarious and awesome...and I agree "Go to hell, LSU"

Could someone look up the rules concerning PATs? Are PATs required after touchdowns in regulation? If they are, then I would have forced LSU to line up and kick the extra point. The score was 16-14. Under college rules, a blocked PAT is returnable the other way for 2 points. If that had happened, the game would have been tied 16-16 and we would have went to overtime. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Could someone look up the rules concerning PATs? Are PATs required after touchdowns in regulation? If they are, then I would have forced LSU to line up and kick the extra point. The score was 16-14. Under college rules, a blocked PAT is returnable the other way for 2 points. If that had happened, the game would have been tied 16-16 and we would have went to overtime. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

If I was forced to go for the extra point, I would line up for the 2-point conversion and take a knee. No way would I risk a blocked PAT.