SiouxSports.com Forum

Retire the Sioux name poll

sprig

Sioux name; retire now or fight to the end  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sioux fans let the name/logo go

• Yes, let it go now
    • No, let it play out untill the deadline (give SR a chance)

What do Sioux fans on the board think; let the name go now or fight to the deadline (ie give SR the longest possible chance to vote). Maybe Sioux fans on this board are not a representative sample, but as a whole it's better than one or two posters' circles.

What do Sioux fans on the board think; let the name go now or fight to the deadline (ie give SR the longest possible chance to vote). Maybe Sioux fans on this board are not a representative sample, but as a whole it's better than and one or two posters' circle.

Hmmm... I could vote for both in this poll.... ;)

Hmmm... I could vote for both in this poll.... ;)

REALLY? maybe we should organize a PRO-NICKNAME rally on campus now that we're down to literally the final minutes of the DECADES LONG arguement ?? THAT WILL SHOW THEM WE REALLY CARE at the last possible minute...Wait - WHY WOULD IT??? Why wasn't that happening YEARS AND YEARS ago every time the protesters showed up??

Now it's like coming home with your house on fire and wondering if you installed smoke alarms? - IT"S TOO LATE you moron!! Your house is burning down in front of your eyes and you're wondering what to do?

Here's a suggestion...BUILD A NEW HOUSE!!! Nothing lasts forever...and you have the advantage of constructing whatever YOU want for the future....

(rant over)

REALLY? maybe we should organize a PRO-NICKNAME rally on campus now that we're down to literally the final minutes of the DECADES LONG arguement ?? THAT WILL SHOW THEM WE REALLY CARE at the last possible minute...Wait - WHY WOULD IT??? Why wasn't that happening YEARS AND YEARS ago every time the protesters showed up??

Now it's like coming home with your house on fire and wondering if you installed smoke alarms? - IT"S TOO LATE you moron!! Your house is burning down in front of your eyes and you're wondering what to do?

Here's a suggestion...BUILD A NEW HOUSE!!! Nothing lasts forever...and you have the advantage of constructing whatever YOU want for the future....

(rant over)

Fire sprinklers,,,,. Smoke alarms only alert you to get out.

Edited by GeauxSioux

As much as I would like to see it play out, I don't see that happening. Too much would have to happen in such a short time, and unfortunately...even if they do vote to keep it, Faison and Kelley can't do a thing about it if the SBoHE doesn't want to revisit it. And before anyone says that they could make them, no they can't. The Board is Kelley's boss, he can NOT tell them what to do. He can advise them on what he thinks is in the best interest of the University in the LONG run, but it is up to them to make the final decision.

As much as I would like to see it play out, I don't see that happening. Too much would have to happen in such a short time, and unfortunately...even if they do vote to keep it, Faison and Kelley can't do a thing about it if the SBoHE doesn't want to revisit it. And before anyone says that they could make them, no they can't. The Board is Kelley's boss, he can NOT tell them what to do. He can advise them on what he thinks is in the best interest of the University in the LONG run, but it is up to them to make the final decision.

Don't kid yourself...if Standing Rock somehow held a vote and it was in favor of the nickname, the SBoHE would definitely revisit this issue...

• Upvote 1

Don't kid yourself...if Standing Rock somehow held a vote and it was in favor of the nickname, the SBoHE would definitely revisit this issue...

All I was saying is that they do not have to if they don't want to and that Kelley and Faison can't force them too. I believe that they would revisit it, but they do not have to. I also thought that they would let the tribes vote and work with the tribes, but those didn't really happen either.