SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA 2009-2010 Midseason Report

Dave Berger

I don't like our chances heading on the road to anywhere.

exactly, right now is a very good time to have this bye week. they need to finish chances. nobody has been finishing at all the last month and half. kristo had a run, hextall a little run, greg a nice few games but nobody has been there to help. the defensemen sure arent scoring goals let alone notchin any assists so either this team doesnt have many finishers or they are simply going through the worst puck luck stretch ever. the 2 junior defensemen need to step up on the offensive end and produce but im assuming thats not goig to happen but sure would help. both of the juniors at some point were very offensively minded and that would do wonders with the youth on the blueline and chay out. the defensive side has been good but they havent brought anything on the other end on a consistent basis. the sioux are getting plenty of shots off, breakaways, odd man rushes and nobody seems to be able to bury it. not a rocket science observation as the sioux have scored 6 goals in their last 5 games and 1 being a ENG. if we can have some guys start finishing we can skate with any team in the nation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, right now is a very good time to have this bye week. they need to finish chances. nobody has been finishing at all the last month and half. kristo had a run, hextall a little run, greg a nice few games but nobody has been there to help. the defensemen sure arent scoring goals let alone notchin any assists so either this team doesnt have many finishers or they are simply going through the worst puck luck stretch ever. the 2 junior defensemen need to step up on the offensive end and produce but im assuming thats not goig to happen but sure would help. both of the juniors at some point were very offensively minded and that would do wonders with the youth on the blueline and chay out. the defensive side has been good but they havent brought anything on the other end on a consistent basis. the sioux are getting plenty of shots off, breakaways, odd man rushes and nobody seems to be able to bury it. not a rocket science observation as the sioux have scored 6 goals in their last 5 games and 1 being a ENG. if we can have some guys start finishing we can skate with any team in the nation

We can skate with any team in the nation now. We just cannot score. I am a Sioux hockey fan since 1953, witnessed every home game from 1953 until 1965 when I left GF. Watch on TV every chance I get. This is the most frustrating team I have ever witnessed in a UND uniform. The worst part is they are BORING too. Skate hard, play hard, control the action and fail miserably in the offensive zone. Really more than shooting, passing is not crisp, players overskate the play, play out of position, never in front of the net, just skating thru. Won't watch any more this year. We are not a hockey school this year. Can't wait til FB season.

We can skate with any team in the nation now. We just cannot score. I am a Sioux hockey fan since 1953, witnessed every home game from 1953 until 1965 when I left GF. Watch on TV every chance I get. This is the most frustrating team I have ever witnessed in a UND uniform. The worst part is they are BORING too. Skate hard, play hard, control the action and fail miserably in the offensive zone. Really more than shooting, passing is not crisp, players overskate the play, play out of position, never in front of the net, just skating thru. Won't watch any more this year. We are not a hockey school this year. Can't wait til FB season.

I told someone last night that we can skate with any team in the nation for 50-55 minutes. Its the other 5-10 minutes.

You already said all this.

We're waiting for you to leave.

Bandwagon's full... and there's no room for that kind of attitude on it.

You are lucky to have left just in time to miss the 70-77 era :sad: