SiouxSports.com Forum

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES?

01grad

I don't ever get enough pictures from the games, since I am out of the Grand Forks area. I used to enjoy looking at the pictures in the Herald following a game. PCM, you did a great job last year with the pictures and I was just wondering if you or somebody else would still be able to snap a few shots and post them for us? Help those of us that aren't at the games get a glimpse of the 2004 NATIONAL CHAMPS in action! (Gophers are going to collapse, in case you guys didn't know. I have read the script for this year) :D

I might shoot some pictures this season, but not nearly as many as last season. Photographing games and writing recaps are incompatible activities. Doing one makes the other much more difficult and adds a lot of extra work. There are other factors involved, but I'm not going to into them here.

If I had my way, I'd do nothing but shoot hockey photos and leave the recap writing to someone else. Sports photography is what I enjoy doing most. But the fact is, it's recap writing that gets me into the games. That's why writing wins out over photography.

Ahhh... so essentially, free games > truly loved work... *sigh* PCM I'm dissapointed in you, selling yourself out like that for some free hockey games :D

No, that's not it. I could pay my way into the games, but without media credentials, the REA wouldn't let me shoot photos from the best spots. For decent access, I need to represent a media outlet or some other entity recognized by UND. They won't allow people to simply wander around shooting pictures during games. Besides that, if I pay to attend a game, I'm going to sit and watch it just like everyone else.

I should also point out that the games aren't really free to me. I work before, during and after every game, and get get paid nothing for it. But I don't mind because I enjoy the association with Sioux hockey and the opportunity to talk to the players and coaches.

I should also point out that the games aren't really free to me. I work before, during and after every game, and get get paid nothing for it. But I don't mind because I enjoy the association with Sioux hockey and the opportunity to talk to the players and coaches.

I know this is off the subject but PCM, I was just wondering what kind of work do you do at The Ralph?

I know this is off the subject but PCM, I was just wondering what kind of work do you do at The Ralph?

I don't work at the Ralph. I serve as the arena reporter for US College Hockey Online, which means that I cover all the Sioux home games.