SiouxSports.com Forum

Prpich

jloos

Actually, I'm not sure we'll see Prpich against Concordia either.

Concordia, IMO will be the best chance to see Ziggy, Fabian, Vollrath (or whatever his name is), and it would be a good chance to see Palmo and Bina as well if they were healthy (are they/will they?)

I would suspect that Prpich would be one of the scratches to accomodate. Discipline on the ice was a big thing for Blais last season (Greene?) and so I would think that, regardless of the fact that EVERY STUDENT IN THE ENTIRE ARENA LOVES PRPICH right now, Prpich would sit. It's not like this contest is going to be a physical one... or even close.

Concordia, IMO will be the best chance to see Ziggy, Fabian, Vollrath (or whatever his name is), and it would be a good chance to see Palmo and Bina as well if they were healthy (are they/will they?)

If you see Vollrath, he'll be in the stands because he's not on the team.

From the horse's mouth:

"A player who receives a disqualification penalty in any game (including exhibition games) shall not be permitted to play in the team's next played regular-season or tournament game against an NCAA member institution. Exhibition games cannot be used to fulfill the disqualification penalty."

ncaa rules

thanks. Don't know how I missed that last night. Did figure he would be out for the first game against BC though. :)

I would guess Blais won't play him on Saturday against Concordia. Blais doesn't like dumb penalties and IMO it was dumb. Sure there is a history between the two but didn't need to drop the gloves. He wasn't defending a teammate like Bochenski did earlier in the period, he just let Peluso get under his skin.

Some say he was sending a message to Duluth but skating away and maybe scoring would have been a better message. :D;)

Mad Man-

This is my opinion so if I'm wrong, some dude will surely correct me. Fights in hockey are sometimes staged. It's never play fighting, it's always taken seriously, but it is sometimes what a player is sent into the game to do in the NHL. Look at Scott Parker. Is he an offensive threat? Nope. Is he a defensive threat? Not really. But he fights very very well. So, when the momentum is not in the Av's favor, or they want to get the crowd more into it, he'll go out on the ice and find the opponent's enforcer and drop the gloves. It may not be right away, but it wil leventually happen. Some fights, however, are to protect fellow players too. Like back in 1999-2000 season when Commodore skated all the way from the bench to the far side of our goal to tackle and beat up a player who took a swipe at Karl G's helmet with the blade of his stick (he connected with the swipe). It was a fight but good leadership, I believe talked it down to a 4 minute double minor for roughing. Fighting isn't as common nowadays, but Prpich fought for a reason.

I don't much care for people like Scott Parker, but the reasonings for him was there. Prpich will sit out two games, I'd surmise anyways. But it may just be to let some of the scratches get into the game.