SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS - ROUND 2

AZSIOUX

I thought I was in Mariucci for about 60 seconds Saturday night. During the break between the end of the 3rd period and overtime, the little kid reciting the Herb Brooks speach was played on the video screen. Seriously?!?! Any team other than Minnesota, that would have been fine. However, a little tidbit of info for the genius (I may have been listening to Sid's show for too long) who run's the videos; Herb Brooks used to coach the goofers!!!! How could you not know that?

Did you know...

1. The speech was given to Team USA, not U of M (former Sioux Dave Christian was in the room).

2. Reports suggest that Brooks steered Zach Parise to UND.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was in Mariucci for about 60 seconds Saturday night. During the break between the end of the 3rd period and overtime, the little kid reciting the Herb Brooks speach was played on the video screen. Seriously?!?! Any team other than Minnesota, that would have been fine. However, a little tidbit of info for the genius (I may have been listening to Sid's show for too long) who run's the videos; Herb Brooks used to coach the goofers!!!! How could you not know that?

Well they play the Caddyshack bits all the time too, and the Gopher wins at the end of that movie. What's the difference? :D

That wasn't really Herb Brooks. It was just a kid who plays him on Youtube.

how could you not know that they know that!? would be a better question.

like it was stated before, the speech was given to the Olympic team, not the Gophers. There may have been a lot of Gophers on that team, but they are still Team USA and most aren't going to cheer against their own country (including me) because of where they players came from and it was a great moment in hockey history.

how could you not know that they know that!? would be a better question.

like it was stated before, the speech was given to the Olympic team, not the Gophers. There may have been a lot of Gophers on that team, but they are still Team USA and most aren't going to cheer against their own country (including me) because of where they players came from and it was a great moment in hockey history.

Yes, but the context of the speech was that "their time is DONE! This is OUR TIME"

Given how the UND/UM rivalry has been so one-sided in UND's favor lately, the Gophers could have used that speech as a little inspiration! :D

Yes, but the context of the speech was that "their time is DONE! This is OUR TIME"

Given how the UND/UM rivalry has been so one-sided in UND's favor lately, the Gophers could have used that speech as a little inspiration! :D

So they're time has been done for a few years......