SiouxSports.com Forum

10/04: Bulldogs at Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcers saying the Porter-Lundbohm-Fylling line the most consistent tonight & that Stafford probably the most impressive freshman; Stafford also named player of the game...Not too bad for a 17 y/o!!

Would like to hear some opinions of those who actually attended the game...It sounded like the score could've been more lopsided as the Sioux missed some golden scoring chances...

Sioux not very good on special teams, esp. pp; J. Parise comes up big on a late Bulldog flurry.

First off, Prpich came out flying and laid the dude to waste.

Parise (Zach) looked a little sloppy early on and so did his brother but they both came through big time later.

Stafford got the goal, but I was most impressed by Murray's play. He's fast, fiesty and played well despite only getting an assist. He was covered more heavily than Parise at times.

For Duluth, I have to say that was the dirtiest game I've seen since I watched Ferris State. They only got caught half the time. They were cheap and played very poor hockey after the 2nd goal. Jordan Parise got a shot to the helmet as well as a skate blade to the head, both by Duluth players. Shots are shots and the blade was unintentional though.

As usual, lost of holding by Duluth behind the play. Murray's stick was held and it wasn't called even though the puck went sailing by.

The only good thing about Duluth I can say is that Reichmuth was very impressive despite losing. At one poin t there were three straight point blank shots by the Sioux and he turned them all away.

It was just as I expected except for the SH goal. I predicted the score correctly but the sequence wrong. I didn't get any of the scoring correct.

As for Sioux problems, Porter looked like all he was trying to do was start a fight. And Smaby. Oh my god. He's DEFINITELY no stick handler. But he's HUGE! He checked a player into Schmidt and into the boards.

Two fights, both spectacular. Prprich made Petruic (Peluso? I'm not sure. Some dude with a P) his little b!tch. God that kid can fight. Caig was a disappointment, but Stapleton lived up to rep. Oh yeah, Stauffacher, Lessard, and Hammond spent a LOT of time on the penalty box pine. Caig even got two penalties. No repeat offenders for the Sioux although we had a pretty diverse player visitation to our own box (Schneider, Smaby, Prpich, Genoway, Parise, Greene (DUH), Bochenski, Porter, and whoever I missed)

Hmmmm... Both teams did very well passing. Sioux had very good hitting. God we're big compared to the Bulldogs. Parise did very well for his first DI game between the pipes although the first goal was kinda weak.

And as for the fight, it was definitely the Duluth player who was bleeding. I saw a linesman wiping blood from his sleeve.

mksioux,

Don't forget to drink plenty of alcohol again in the upcoming weeks..seemed to work tonight..we'll try to make a lush out of you :D

Too late. :)

Actually, I finished up the beer and switched to a hard cider just before Stafford's goal. I don't like cider that much, but maybe that'll have to be my new refreshment for Sioux games.