SiouxSports.com Forum

Last Game Thoughts

dagies

I'll have more to say later.

Andy Kollar.

I will have nothing but good memories of Andy after tonights game.  Too bad he couldn't have got the win but he gave this game everything anyone could ask of him and it was a great game to close out the season.

Congratulations, Andy.  Way to go.

???

Holy Cow, Andy played like he did in his first three years. Bitter sweet moment, I was critic of Andy this season, but he played with focus and heart. I wish this play could have been more prevelant earlier.

On the season 1/7 against Minnesota hurts but the Gophers better enjoy it because they lose a lot of scoring at the end of this season, Pohl is gone, Leopold is gone and Taffe I am sure will get a sniff from the next level. Losing Pohl and Leopold is like losing Roache and Lunbohm.

Tim Okeef said that Hauser came by and guestered at the game after they won, what class.

Goofer fans want to complain about Bochenski, what about Taffe?  He's as cheap as they come.

And why can't you call a penalty on either Taffe or Leopold.  Both were pulling antics you have seen from Bochenski and yet no call.  And this weekend Bochenski really didn't do that stuff other than at the end of the game last night.

And the Hauser thing.  I hope we could hear from some Sioux players on what that was all about.

Man, I'm proud of our team tonite.

Let the jerk have his moment he was something like 5-9-2 for his career against UND, UofM can't win the NCAA tourney with that goalie I will bet money on it.

Now who the heck do you cheer for I can't bring myself to cheer for UofM or SCCC, add Wisconsin to the mix. Better dead than red. I'll be at the final five but not cheering for any team. God this sucks @$$.

Once again the season ends with an overtime loss, and once again I am so proud of the program.  What a gutty, determined effort.  

Even though 52 shots were allowed in four periods, the Sioux played a fine checking game, covered the slot well, and were always there to carry or sweep away rebounds, except for that one at the end.  As many of you said, there is so much to say, but I'm very happy for Andy, most of all.

I've been a big critic of this team this season, but tonight's effort made up for last night.  Kollar looked like a champion out there and Bayda/Skarperud played their hearts out.

Hauser is a worthless piece of sh#t!  As Tim & Tim agreed, UM will NOT WIN THE NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP simply because that classless sack of crap is their goaltender.

Here's to UND returning to form next season.  This one was real tough on everyone involved, and I'm glad to see they ended it on a good effort, if not a winning one.

I thought Andy played his best game of the season, and then some.  Too bad we didn't have the offensive horses to pull out a win.  

Let the Minnesota "fans" have their fun.  Most of the clowns on the different boards weren't even born when they raised a "real" banner at Mariucci, not some participant banner.  Besides, they lose a lot in firepower and those intangibles provided by Leopold, Pohl and even Hauser after this season, and if Taffe leaves which is a very strong possibility from what I've heard, they will know what if feels like to lose everything after making it into the playoffs, and perhaps beyond.  Lucia's under a great deal of pressure to show the boys in St. Paul in April, and if he can't get there with this crew, he has some serious explaining to do to the Mariucci ticket holders who were nowhere to be seen 2-3 seasons ago.

Let them get their hits in now, because we have a very, very bright future and paybacks are always a bitch.   ???

Andy Kollar definitely showed that he is a goalie who can play when it counts.  Absolutely great way to end his college career!  It was also very nice to see the D and backchecking forwards in there clearing out the rebounds.  That's a big aspect we were missing pretty much all season long.

I'm very proud of the way these guys pulled it together after the manhandling last night. It was a very positive note to end the season on.  Now only 7 months until the next season starts! ???