SiouxSports.com Forum

Parking at The Ralph

roper1313

If anyone on the board is going to the Wild game tomorrow please give a report on parking at The Ralph. Varsity Club members do not get to park in the Barnes and Nobel lot this year so I need some help. Also, my dad spoke to one of the AADs up there, and he said that the big field to the north of the rink is being developed and unavailable for parking. :angry:

I've never had to worry about parking so I need to know how early a guy need to show up to get a decent parking spot. Any guidance would be appreciated.

For the Rascal Flatts concert last Friday, there were cars parking in the undeveloped lot to the north. From the looks of things though, alot of the space in that lot that was used last year is not available now. So, if this lot is open, I would say arrive at least 30 minutes before game time, if not earlier. If it's not open, your chances of parking around the arena without a parking pass are nil.

The field north of the stadium is closed off because construction is supposed to start on the basketball/volleyball addition to the Ralph, I think. It's really silly that it is like that because, well, in 2 weeks there will be snow on the ground. Mark my words.

I say screw it and close off construction for the winter. Let the North field get used for parking. If the grass gets ruined who cares. It's going to get dug up anyways.

I agree, parking for the Wild game was the worst I've experienced. Not only was it slow exiting (I always exit to Gateway from north of the arena) but it was slow entering as well.

On the plus side, it appears that the undeveloped lot northeast of the arena will be open for parking.

The Al bought some more adjoining land over the summer. More parking is planned.

UND also made mention of putting in a parking ramp during the summer. They never said where. How about between Harvard and Cambridge Streets south of Sixth Avenue North. :D:angry:

This is one thing that I have never understood, why build a stadium that can only seat X amount of people but then only have Y amount of parking spaces. It makes no sense to have such limited parking spaces available. I actually had no problems finding a parking spot at the Wild game and we got out fairly fast, that will change once UND hockey starts though. I think that this year, I might be riding a bus back and forth to the game instead of fighting the traffic scene...

The Al bought some more adjoining land over the summer. More parking is planned.

UND also made mention of putting in a parking ramp during the summer. They never said where. How about between Harvard and Cambridge Streets south of Sixth Avenue North. :D:)

The parking that the Al bought over the summer is for the spaces lost to the new hotel. There will not be a gain in spaces once the hotel is built.

This is one thing that I have never understood, why build a stadium that can only seat X amount of people but then only have Y amount of parking spaces. It makes no sense to have such limited parking spaces available. I actually had no problems finding a parking spot at the Wild game and we got out fairly fast, that will change once UND hockey starts though. I think that this year, I might be riding a bus back and forth to the game instead of fighting the traffic scene...

To encourage car pooling! :)