SiouxSports.com Forum

UND HOCKEY via Internet

siouxfan512

I'm considering subscribing to get the Sioux Sports over the internet through the UND website. Has anyone used this feature? I would like to know if the games come through clearly or if it is a waste of money? Anyone??

We used it last year and I was happy with it. We also were able to get some away games on it for free too.

I'm considering subscribing to get the Sioux Sports over the internet through the UND website. Has anyone used this feature? I would like to know if the games come through clearly or if it is a waste of money? Anyone??

I've used it the past two years and it's decent. I have seen better quality webcasts, but it's a good deal for the price, and as UND85 said, they sometimes partner up with away webcasts and through them in for nothing, where if you didn't have Siouxtra you would be spending another $7/game for those. At times it tough to see the puck, especially the shots further out, but all in all not bad. Much of it depends on your internet speed. Many of my youtube clips are taken right from the webcast, so that could give you an idea.

Here's a video with different clips put together, all from the webcast, 5 meg download speed

On the other hand, this is either a cable or dish feed.

I used it last year and thought the quality was pretty good. I actually hooked up my laptop to my TV and it worked great. Not comparable to watching a TV broadcast, but not bad either.

I hook my TV up to my pc as well. It is not like watching NHL on Vs in HD, but you get the gist. It is a great way to watch the team without always having to go to a bar. I've been doing it for 3 years.