SiouxSports.com Forum

I never felt that anyone deserved to die...

Big A HG

....but I'm not entirely saddened by the passing of Myles Brand.

"Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!

Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.

Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. He's gone where the goblins go,

Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.

Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.

Let them know

The Wicked Witch is dead!"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4478889

Let them know

The song says it perfect!!!I've never felt this unsmypathedic about someone's death before in my life.I feel bad for his family,but he really was an evil human being.I bet Bobby Knight is doing a happy dance right now!

I don't know.

I'm as happy as anyone that he's not in charge at the NCAA any more, but we're talking about someone losing a human life. Hard for me to relish that. This isn't Stalin or Hitler or Bin Laden.

I knew it wasn't the best choice of words to post about a man's passing, but the man's double-standards on many subjects is cause for a strong dis-taste in my mouth for the guy. All he did was protect his big money markets and poop on littler markets like UND for his own benefit. For that, I have no remorse.

Let them know

I feel bad for his family. I hate the guy nothing personal about him but the way he ran the NCAA and the whole nickname issue. I hope his successor isn't the kind of guy this one was at the top.

I feel bad for his family. I hate the guy nothing personal about him but the way he ran the NCAA and the whole nickname issue. I hope his successor isn't the kind of guy this one was at the top.

I agree; I feel the same way. Pancreatic cancer is a bearcat for anyone to die from, even someone with whom I vehemently disagree. On a similar note, I wonder how most of the anti-nicknamers felt when Ralph passed away.......... We all know that, don't we? They were hardly mature about it.

I agree; I feel the same way. Pancreatic cancer is a bearcat for anyone to die from, even someone with whom I vehemently disagree. On a similar note, I wonder how most of the anti-nicknamers felt when Ralph passed away.......... We all know that, don't we? They were hardly mature about it.

I had a step grand mother that died from that and it was a very fast and painful cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I had a step grand mother that died from that and it was a very fast and painful cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

And our good buddy THETRIOUXPER (Troy). Everyone's gotta die sometime. Some you feel sorry for, some you don't. Like I stated, I don't think he deserved to die. I just strongly disagree with his "politics" while in a position to "better" the NCAA.

Is it good that he practically invented a reason to fire Bob Knight to get rid of him? Sure, there were ample times prior to that where he could have fired him for just cause but... Hey, Indiana is much now, right?

Anyways, Myles ran the NCAA with emotion...his emotions. He allowed his personal beliefs and those of his cronies to cloud the mission of the NCAA.

I'm saddened by his death but not at all sorry to see him leave the NCAA. The NCAA leadership hasn't looked this good in a long time.

Now get rid of Brand's cronies and the NCAA will be reborn. And, no, I don't want them gotten rid of via the pine box method. Retirement would be preferred.