SiouxSports.com Forum

Moving to St. Paul Questions

siouxforeverbaby

Hello, I am moving to St. Paul for grad school this fall and I had some questions before I get down there.

1. If buying tickets for the Sioux/Gopher game down there, where do you reccommend getting seats? The student section is not an option as I would get kicked out for getting into a fight at one point or another.

2. What places are there to watch Sioux Games in relation to bars/restaurants? I know Sensor's in Bloomington, but where else?

Any help would be great! I am excited for the move, just not the constant Gopher news!

When I lived in St. Paul I bought tickets from a scalper just before game time. I never had a problem. Also, I never had a problem with Gopher fans at Mariucci. Sensors was the only place that had Sioux games. The one in Bloomington typically had more Sioux fans and therefore had them on more/bigger TV's.

Mankato and St. Cloud are different stories if you make the short drive. Both fans suck and you need to get tickets in advance unless the games are over a student break.

When I lived in St. Paul I bought tickets from a scalper just before game time. I never had a problem. Also, I never had a problem with Gopher fans at Mariucci. Sensors was the only place that had Sioux games. The one in Bloomington typically had more Sioux fans and therefore had them on more/bigger TV's.

Mankato and St. Cloud are different stories if you make the short drive. Both fans suck and you need to get tickets in advance unless the games are over a student break.

Ditto all this, and as for Mariucci, from my perspective, there isn't a bad seat in the house, including SRO.

Ditto all this, and as for Mariucci, from my perspective, there isn't a bad seat in the house, including SRO.

Agreed. It's definitely one of the finer hockey venues around. It was always easy to get tickets on game day. Go to Stubs an hour or two ahead of game time, and ask around. Most of the time you'll probably find yourself talking hockey with some very agreeable fans, if you don't get stuck near the student section. :lol:

I used to live in Roseville and would go to both sensors to watch games. Just a hint for you, if it is college football season do not go to the Bloomington location if the Nrebraska Cornhuskers are playing, that is an official Fan Club sight. You will not get the game on. As far as attending games, I too bought tickets off the street with little problem. You are about an hour and a half max drive from both Mankato, St Cloud and it isn't much further to Duluth. I have gone to games at all 3. Good luck to you. SIOUX YEAH YEAH

Thanks so much guys!!!!!! And to the two of you that sent me pms. This is all good information and I have thought about going to other cities such as St. Cloud, Mankato, and Duluth. Unfortunately, the money train isn't flowing very heavily right now so we will see.

You'd probably find a trip to Mankato much cheaper than your trip to Mariucci!

I used to live in Roseville and would go to both sensors to watch games. Just a hint for you, if it is college football season do not go to the Bloomington location if the Nrebraska Cornhuskers are playing, that is an official Fan Club sight. You will not get the game on. As far as attending games, I too bought tickets off the street with little problem. You are about an hour and a half max drive from both Mankato, St Cloud and it isn't much further to Duluth. I have gone to games at all 3. Good luck to you. SIOUX YEAH YEAH

Ha! That reminds me of my first experience with this exact thing. Dropped down to Bloomington and ran into Big Chief. He and I are the only 2 Sioux fans watching the game on 1 TV, in a sea of red. I thought Sioux fans took over Sensers on game night, but it's not close.