SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH 03-04 preseason all-americans

Siouxhockey03

1st team...Parise

2nd team...Money

3rd team...Schneider

All-rookie team...Murray

7 of 18 are are from the WCHA...3 Sioux, 2 Goophs, 1 MSUM, 1 CC

4 of 6 on All rookie team...Murray, David Backes from MSUM, Suter, and Matt Carle from Denver

...See we kick a$$ :D Keep the Hobey and Braodmoor in the west (preferably in North Dakota)

I personally don't give INCH a lot of respect and I don't think it has a lot of credibility, esecially after that article it did on UND's goaltending situation, that was a hack job. Its a tabloid. Isn't it a site that is run by a B.C. or Gopher fan? :0 That is almost as bad as being a SCCC fan... :D

Goon

That article on the goaltending "curse" at UND was one of the most inaccurate articles I have ever read on the subject of college hockey. Karl Goehring was injury prone and played a bad game against Denver according to their article. If we can get another guy who was injury prone like that and played bad games in the postseason, who knows how many NC's we could win.

INCH has absolutely no credibility in my opinion.

INCH had most of the players accurate, but again, with the Hobey thread, I question: Noah Welch as first team and Andy Schneider only good enough for 3rd team?

Noah Welch's production was good enough to make the list, don't get me wrong, but maybe as 2nd or 3rd team. Not first. If not Andy Schneider on first team, it should be Thomas Pock. 17 goals and 20 assists is pretty good for a Dman. I wish I could see him play.

INCH has a lot of work to do to make it credible. I think the first thing they do is get their information from someone who is based west of Michigan.

Isaac Reichmuth should have made that list!! Where's the love? Ayers has collapsed twice when it counted (6 GA vs. Maine in 2002 Frozen Four, 5 GA vs. Minnesota last year). But I guess we'll wait and see what Reich does this year before getting too upset. Look for T.J. Caig to be on the post-season list. He only played part of last season, but averaged over a point per game. Rest assured, the Broadmoor will stay in the west...(maybe slightly farther north than you'd like) :D

...After Vanek made him his bitch with the GWG...

lol. Funny Stuff. In all reality though, I don't see Ayers as a Hobey level goalie. When it starts to really count, he loses his edge... a la vs Maine in '02 he gave up 6, '03 againts the gophs he gives up 5... comon now... when was the last time a hobey level goalie did that.

MinnesotaNorthStar - You mean Atlantic Hockey.... I don't really understand what a name change will do for them. Oh well.

I agree with the UNH statement entirely. It's amazing no, that's sarcastic, it's understandable that a goaltender cannot stop all the shots when there is only himself on the ice to stand in the way. Last year's FF championship game, for that reason, was a complete joke. Ok, I knew UM was going to win, but at least UNH could have tried. Except for Ayers (who was the only one who saved UNH from being beaten by double digits), UNH should be ashamed of their performance. Hell, after Vanek's goal, you could have put JBSU on the ice and still won :D

Bah. I need this season to start. I'm starting to rant about unimportant drivel.

MinnesotaNorthStar - You mean Atlantic Hockey.... I don't really understand what a name change will do for them.

We now have to say 5 syllables instead of 1 to say they suck :D

Hell, after Vanek's goal, you could have put JBSU on the ice and still won :0

I don't know about that...it is the NCAA's. Dahl would have found a way to blow it.