SiouxSports.com Forum

At last, marketing

SooToo

Haven't seen the Grand Forks Herald, but today's Forum carries a prominent ad on the back page of the first section promoting activities around the spring game -- tailgaiting, kids' activities, autographs, FSC party and, of course, the game itself. Great at long last to see concrete evidence of a plan to actively market football. And great to see it extending beyond the Grand Forks city limits.

Aside being home to at least hundreds of alumni, I would think Fargo, as the state's largest city, would be huge in attempts to grow the fan base. I hope some outreach to Bismarck and Minot is planned, too.

Brian Faison said last year he was disappointed in the lack of promotion for the spring game. Glad to see he came through this year. I hope this is just the opening act in a more aggressive plan to sell ALL of UND's DI sports, and the university itself. Nice to see at least somebody "get's it."

A good marketing idea. NDSU has never done anything like that with the Spring Game.

I agree. Good work by the AD and his staff to try and spice up the Spring Game, which can tend to be boring. I am hoping they play some music off and on to liven it up during the game too.

It is nice to see all the festivities being added to the spring game to make it more of an event, market the program, and hopefully generate more interest. Down the road, I'd like to see them explore radio coverage of the spring game. I believe they've been broadcasting the spring game at NDSU for a few years now which is nice idea. Hearing football on the radio in April is a nice way to generate buzz for the upcoming season during a dead time for the sports season.