SiouxSports.com Forum

GF TV for Devils Series

HeidiSioux62

Didn't have Center Ice for this season, but had it last season and HD hockey was limited. Just bought the SC Center Ice package two days ago, and the NJ/Carolina game was not in HD (nor is it tonight). All games last night were in HD, however. And, of course, Versus HD is part of the Dish HD package. Seems, so far, at least, all the games have been in HD except for the NJ/Carolina game, which is the one I'm most interested in watching tonight.

Ya problem is that Dish doesn't carry any of the MSG's in HD. So if you are a big fan of the Devils, Rangers, or Sabres, you are probably better off with Directv. Hopefully Dish gets the MSG's in HD by next year.

Ya problem is that Dish doesn't carry any of the MSG's in HD. So if you are a big fan of the Devils, Rangers, or Sabres, you are probably better off with Directv. Hopefully Dish gets the MSG's in HD by next year.

Thanks for the info; didn't know that.

I've seen hockey on an HDTV on an HD channel. I know for a fact what I was watching, and I wasn't all that impressed. It's good quality, but no better than what I have at home. Definitely not worth the difference in price. I think the entire concept of HD is nothing more than a scam to trick people into buying overpriced equipment. The only real difference is the annoying 16:9 format rather than the 4:3 which I prefer, the quality of the picture is the same.

When you say it's impossible not to tell a difference, you're thinking of how bad the SD channels look on an HD TV. They're designed that way on purpose to sabotage the SD broadcast and make people fall for the hype. That same SD broadcast that looks so crappy on the HD TV looks flawless on my SD TV. If you think you've seen an SD broadcat on an SD TV and claim that it was inferior, perhaps it wasn't hooked up properly.

Alway love the "ignorance" defense. LMAO that my SD signal has been "dumbed down" to make it look bad on an HDTV. That's classic.

I've seen hockey on an HDTV on an HD channel. I know for a fact what I was watching, and I wasn't all that impressed. It's good quality, but no better than what I have at home. Definitely not worth the difference in price. I think the entire concept of HD is nothing more than a scam to trick people into buying overpriced equipment. The only real difference is the annoying 16:9 format rather than the 4:3 which I prefer, the quality of the picture is the same.

When you say it's impossible not to tell a difference, you're thinking of how bad the SD channels look on an HD TV. They're designed that way on purpose to sabotage the SD broadcast and make people fall for the hype. That same SD broadcast that looks so crappy on the HD TV looks flawless on my SD TV. If you think you've seen an SD broadcat on an SD TV and claim that it was inferior, perhaps it wasn't hooked up properly.

You couldn't be further from the truth. Oh well, I'm sorry you can't tell the difference, you're really missing out.

Geez, which one of the HD equipment manufacturers are you working for? I'm not missing out on anything. If I wanted HD I would have it. I've done a lot of checking into it and shopping around for equipment in all price ranges. I've come to the conclusion that I'm satisfied with what I already have.

Good for you *thumbs up*

Dave can I ask what you have for a setup?

TV size?

SD or HD (sounds like SD)

satellite/cable/antenna?

Dave you're wrong. And no I dont work for any HD broadcaster. When I watched the NCAA playoffs the UMD games and the East games were in HD 720p. The Midwest (Bemidji) and Sioux games were on SD 480. I was able to watch all the games directly from the source uplink (via FTA)

The UMD games and East games were stunning. Crystal clear picture

The Sioux games in SD werent bad but on my 42" HDTV you could see the difference between that and the HD feed. Not much but there was a difference.

The Frozen 4 I had to resort to Dish Network (no backhaul feed) which looked like crap in SD. This is due to the fact they cram 10-12 channels on a transponder so it looks like mush. The HD feeds they can get 3-4 on a transponder so it isnt as bad but it is better than the SD feed.

I've given copies of the UMD games to folks who watched them on SD TV's and commented on how clear the picture was. So I guess we're all smoking something :)

some SD channels do look like crap on a HDTV but it depends on the source. some of my OTA channels are in SD only and they don't look that bad. A few locals here in Minneapolis have SD subchannels of the HD feed. Fox, My Network & CW have SD counterparts and when I watch the news on Fox 9 I watch the SD channel and its not bad.

The FSSN games are SD only and they look really good on the TV but then again I am getting it from satellite.

But there is a difference even of a HD feed versus a SD feed on a SD TV. In my bedroom I have a DTV converter box and the HD feed of a channel even on a regular 27" TV looks clearer than the SD feed. The SD feed looks "softer"

Geez, which one of the HD equipment manufacturers are you working for? I'm not missing out on anything. If I wanted HD I would have it. I've done a lot of checking into it and shopping around for equipment in all price ranges. I've come to the conclusion that I'm satisfied with what I already have.

watch a sporting event in true HD and you'll change your mind. :)

Watch NASCAR, the NFL or NHL on a HD feed and its much better

Let's not forget the audio aspect of HDTV as well. HD has better audio and will actually broadcast in 5.1 surround sound. SD won't give you this. If you don't have a home theatre system you won't notice a difference in that regard, but the capability is there nonetheless.

On another visual aspect, HD gives you a wider view as well, allowing you to see more of what you are watching. I don't even care what DaveK thinks, this is just more of a reference for those that may be currently interested in upgrading their TV experience.

There really is no comparison. And to be honest, giant SD tv's blow. I'd rather watch TV on a 30 inch SDTV than a 48 inch SDTV.

That's what I've been trying to tell those who insist that I'm missing out on something. I know what I'm missing, and it is not something that I feel I need.

Right, I agree. I love my 1997 truck I drive as well. I would never trade it for a 2009. It's just a big scam.

Wow! Laying the sarcasm on a little thick, eh? :)

HD = overrated, overhyped, and overpriced

PS - Gotta give you props on your avatar. It's kick-ass!!!

I disagree HD is awesome. A world of difference between regular tv. No comparison.

Wow! Laying the sarcasm on a little thick, eh? :)

HD = overrated, overhyped, and overpriced

PS - Gotta give you props on your avatar. It's kick-ass!!!

Yeah, that was pretty thick sarcasm....not gonna lie :lol:

Thanks for the complement. I actually made each of those jerseys myself, then just put them in a gif. I made all the jerseys in my sig as well.

If you like it, then it's very much worth spending your money on. For my personal taste, it would be an incredible waste of money. Like they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure. If everybody had the same exact likes and dislikes this world would be a pretty boring place.

If you have an hd ready tv there is not much difference in price. maybe 10 to 15 dollars per month.