SiouxSports.com Forum

Bemidji State vs. Miami (OH)

dj_hoime

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have two choices, Goon. You can respectfully agree to disagree with me like a normal person would, or you can continue to belittle me over the fact that I happen to like a team that you hate. It's not that big of a deal, and I seriously wonder why you don't just get over it.

Hum, the choices are so tough. ???

Essentially I think what you're saying here is that you like the Sioux because they're North Dakota. That's fine, but I like North Dakota because they're the Sioux.

I like UND hockey because of the tradition, the players (past and present), the coaching staff, the fans, the style of hockey that they play, etc. The location of the school and the nickname have nothing to do with it for me. Sure, the main reason that I became a UND hockey fan is because I was born and raised in GF, ND...but now it's in my blood.

Now, if the team happened to move to Walhalla and change their name to the Flickertails...guess, what...I would still be a die-hard fan. Because this team is more than just a nickname, and all the things that I love about the team would still be there.

Of course, according to you, I still wouldn't be a "true fan", because I won't be able to watch the title game tonight. ???

Of course, according to you, I still wouldn't be a "true fan", because I won't be able to watch the title game tonight. ???

Hey brianf if it means anything I believe that you're still a true fan.

If you choose not to watch the game because you don't like either team, you're obviously not much of a college hockey fan.

So when did you decide who is a real fan and who isn't a real fan? Since when did you become the messiah?

I'll never understand why you seem to feel the need to be such an obnoxious jerk to me. If it's just because I like the Gophers, hate fighting, and like Ulf Samuelsson... well, that's just very childish of you. Grow up.

Would you like me to write a 12 page summary why? Yawn! ??? Holy Cow! :):):) You grow up and stop telling people who is a real fan and who is not a real fan. For a guy that doesn't like fighting you sure spend a lot of time

starting them and agitating.

Essentially I think what you're saying here is that you like the Sioux because they're North Dakota.

No, that's not what I am saying. Like brianvf I became a fan because of living in the Grand Forks area as a kid, following the home team and going to school at UND. But I now support the entire school and its athletic teams. I know something about the history of the organization, both the academic side and the athletic side. I know people that work there and know about some of the people that made the place special to so many. I know the dedication that both staff and athletes have to excellence. I know the dedication that the alumni have to supporting the school and its athletic department. I have a history with the school and with the teams (or athletes) that represent the school.

The University of North Dakota as a school and organization is important to me and I am a fan of its athletes and athletic teams. What those athletic teams are called is just a small part of the equation to me. I love the nickname and love the fact that it is unique. I don't think that it is hostile or abusive in any way. But IF the nickname is changed for any reason I will still support the school, the people and the athletic teams. You seem to be totally invested in the name. Not all of us are. We are invested in the school or the history or in specific athletes or specific teams or memories of specific events or any number of other elements or combination of elements. The name may be important to us, but it is not the be all or end all of our support for the teams or athletes that represent the University of North Dakota.

The University of North Dakota as a school and organization is important to me and I am a fan of its athletes and athletic teams. What those athletic teams are called is just a small part of the equation to me. I love the nickname and love the fact that it is unique.

Good post. I think UND is must more than it's sports teams. UND is also a school of higher learning and I am proud of my two degrees that I earned from it. While it makes my blood boil that UND isn't going to always be the Fighting Sioux I can get past the name.

OMG, you are without question the biggest instigating jerk on this forum. Grow up and stop being so petty. I hate fighting, I like the Gophers, I like Ulf Samuelsson, those are not valid reasons for you to treat me like $hit. I have the right to express my opinion just as much as you have the right to express yours. Now just deal with the fact that we have opposite opinions on certain topics and GET OVER IT ALREADY.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if somebody is a fan of a particular sport they are going to watch the biggest game of the year within that particular sport. If somebody is an NFL fan they're going to watch the Super Bowl, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TWO TEAMS ARE PLAYING. Some people are just fans of one team and won't watch if their team isn't in it. Those people are fans of one team, not fans of the entire sport. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I'M NOT PUTTING THEM DOWN.

NOW STOP BEING SUCH A BIG JERK ALREADY!!!!

I think Dave K. has hit the nail on the head.