SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Frozen Four-Detroit

gfbugman

Below is the link to ford field.com Frozen four tickets go on sale April 18th for next years FF. Tickets start at $40 for a seat for all 3 games. Probably nosebleed, but it really looks like they are gonna make an effort to pack about 60,000 people in there.

http://www.fordfield.com/calendar_display....date=04-08-2010

I doubt they'll get much more than 40,000 there, and thats being generous. I would get those nose bleeds tickets and then move on down to a somewhat better view.

I'm not sure how the sightlines will be. The better views may be up high, actually, as they were at the Wrigley Winter Classic this year. Our seats behind home plate (Sec 219, Row 19) were fair to poor, while the view from upstairs was perfect. Of course the football field setup will be a bit different. Still, I'd RATHER be up high than down low. Check out the (probable) setup. Although this links to a pic of a b-ball court, I'd assume a similar arrangement. I think the sightlines down low would be horrific.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...estRegional.jpg

I'll probably go just because it will be easy to scam tickets, and its hockey. But I fear the 2010 FF will be a disaster...big, empty building (unless Michigan is in it).

ridiculous they choose this place as a site for the Frozen Four. Joe Louis Arena...ever heard of it NCAA?

can't wait for 2011 in St. Paul.

Yeah, the Joe could hold it, but the NCAA is rather Anal about what ads are up in a building when they're there and the Wings would probably be in the playoffs at the time and looking to sell tickets. It would be a pain in the arse for Olympia Entertainment there to cover all of the ads up for a weekend of NCAA stuff. Ford Field has nothing going on and they pretty much have weeks to get ready for it and plenty of time to take it all down as well. The NCAA's can have it all set up just the way they want it, and with a little luck, we won't have those stupid blue boards, which makes following the puck hard to do.

I'm sure people bellyached the first time they did the Final Four in a football stadium as well.

Yeah, the Joe could hold it, but the NCAA is rather Anal about what ads are up in a building when they're there and the Wings would probably be in the playoffs at the time and looking to sell tickets. It would be a pain in the arse for Olympia Entertainment there to cover all of the ads up for a weekend of NCAA stuff. Ford Field has nothing going on and they pretty much have weeks to get ready for it and plenty of time to take it all down as well. The NCAA's can have it all set up just the way they want it, and with a little luck, we won't have those stupid blue boards, which makes following the puck hard to do.

I'm sure people bellyached the first time they did the Final Four in a football stadium as well.

Are you saying the Wild won't be making a playoff push in 2011!?! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants to purchase 2010 Frozen 4 tickets, They are having a presale right now on ticketmaster. The Password is FFVIP, for $40 you get 1 ticket to both sessions and if you buy tickets during presale you get a free ticket to the skills competition and Hobey Announcement. Pretty cheap FF if you ask me. 2 seats for both Thursday and saturday and 2 tickets to the festivities on Friday for under $100. Not to bad. The presale ends on the 17th then tickets on sale to the public on the 18th. My seats are in the upper level, but i am sure i will be able to move down to ice level.

I'm going to wait to buy mine until I am in Detroit.

I bet you'll find some mega deals from scalpers for seats up in the boonies, and then move down closer into empty seats.

???

$40 a seat for all games is probably about as low as you will find, but maybe you will get lucky

I can't imagine the ice being that good April in Detroit 40-50,000 people in a footbal stadium. Mabye if UND goes but ugh. Also, I can't figure out why Ford Field is the host for both the NCAA Division 1 basketball and Hockey tourney's back to back. I am going to apply for Frozen Four tickets when they get to the Xcel Energy Center not a bad seat in the house.

I can't imagine the ice being that good April in Detroit 40-50,000 people in a footbal stadium. Mabye if UND goes but ugh. Also, I can't figure out why Ford Field is the host for both the NCAA Division 1 basketball and Hockey tourney's back to back. I am going to apply for Frozen Four tickets when they get to the Xcel Energy Center not a bad seat in the house.

The ice will be fine, if they could not handle it they would not be hosting.

Have they ever played hockey on/in Ford field?

I don't know, probably not. What are you basing your OPINION on? They have not played there so how can you say the ice will be bad? All i am saying is that they must have some type of proof or facts that say that they will be able to play there and the ice will be fine, otherwise why would the NCAA award Detroit and Ford Field the FF.

I don't know, probably not. What are you basing your OPINION on? They have not played there so how can you say the ice will be bad? All i am saying is that they must have some type of proof or facts that say that they will be able to play there and the ice will be fine, otherwise why would the NCAA award Detroit and Ford Field the FF.

Really, it would be a legitimate concern. Funny you ask but the NCAA awarded D.C. the Frozen Four and then the NCAA did a site visit because were concerned about ice concerns ex-post facto. So yeah it would be a concern that they will have to address, being a big venue they are also going to have to monitor the ice conditions. They these issues when the NCAA had a tourney in Cincinnati as well.

Really, it would be a legitimate concern. Funny you ask but the NCAA awarded D.C. the Frozen Four and then the NCAA did a site visit because were concerned about ice concerns ex-post facto. So yeah it would be a concern that they will have to address, being a big venue they are also going to have to monitor the ice conditions. They these issues when the NCAA had a tourney in Cincinnati as well.

Out of our control, i can't really see any reason to argue about it, Maybe the ice will be bad, maybe it won't, i really don't care, i will still be there, if possible bad ice conditions will keep you away, then so be it.

Out of our control, i can't really see any reason to argue about it, Maybe the ice will be bad, maybe it won't, i really don't care, i will still be there, if possible bad ice conditions will keep you away, then so be it.

Nah the ice condition won't keep me away the fact the Frozen Four is in the city of Detriot will. :silly:

I heard they were going to use the "Winter Classic" crew and equip at Ford Field.

They will be able to controll the temps at Ford Field - this is the only issue regarding ice at the outdoor venues.

It'll probably be better ice than at the Ralph.

I heard they were going to use the "Winter Classic" crew and equip at Ford Field.

They will be able to controll the temps at Ford Field - this is the only issue regarding ice at the outdoor venues.

It'll probably be better ice than at the Ralph.

Good point I wonder if the REA will be re-doing the ice making pipes this summer?