SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA-where it's our goal not to play in our conference championship game but we prefer to make the third place game a meaningful game and give our rivals crap for not showing up in the third place game. what a garbage game tonight:angry:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what this lose does to us in the pairwise? I still think we are a 2 seed. But can we fall to a 3 if we lose tomorrow

This loss will probably sink us to 10 and a three seed in the region...if were not careful, we won't have to worry about playing BU or BC (I know, they are probably totally out of contention, but wtf) in the FF...we'll be in the NE region playing the bean pot...

I'm just sayin it was rediculous that was one of the worst hockey goals i've ever seen.

But it happens. Parise did the same thing to the Russian goaltender back in '03 WJC tournament. Maybe it was nerves, or more likely, it was just a bad choice. I don't fault him for the 2nd goal. Couldn't tell, but it looked like he was blinded by the d-man, who shouldn't have allowed the Duluth shot to get by him.

Wow.

What a disappointing loss. I know this wasn't the end of the season but I really wanted the Sioux to have the potential of getting a triple crown of college hockey.

Really though, that first goal was all on Eidsness. BIG mental mistake on his part. Reminds me of a goal Denver scored on Wisconsin back in the Madison series.

We HAVE to win against Wisconsin tomorrow. If we don't...doesn't bode well for us entering the NCAA Tournament. :silly::huh:

well when a team makes it its far from worthless, the key is winning saturday and getting momentum to the ncaa tourney. umd needed 2 wins in the final 5 to get in ncaa tourney so far from worthless for them. just win tomorrow vs a down and out uw team!!

Yeah, You are very right. I am just VERY frustrated with that game.. I play hockey myself. And to watch hockey like that makes me sick.... haha I will be supporting the Sioux 150% tomorrow. but tonight its going to take quite a few Jack and cokes to settle the nerves from that.

This loss will probably sink us to 10 and a three seed in the region...if were not careful, we won't have to worry about playing BU or BC (I know, they are probably totally out of contention, but wtf) in the FF...we'll be in the NE region playing the bean pot...

We can lose tomorrow and we would still be a # 2 seed the farthest we will drop is to # 7 unless something crazy happens. Certainly not the way to go into the big dance but win tomorrow and start to roll towards the the hardware that counts

while i'm disappointed with the sioux loss (I always am), it warms my heart to know that the Bulldog's win probably ended any chance the goofs have of making the NCAA...

Amen to that! The only thing as sweet as seeing the sioux win is watching the gophers FAIL! lol

We can lose tomorrow and we would still be a # 2 seed the farthest we will drop is to # 7 unless something crazy happens. Certainly not the way to go into the big dance but win tomorrow and start to roll towards the the hardware that counts

thats what i got playing around with it. 2 seed is where we end up more than likely with a outside of a 3 if evrythng falls wrong for the sioux

beat uw and all is well, there season is over no matter what

Finley interview - No excuses. We got out competed. Credit goes to their pk. Their goalie always sees our puck. Fortunately, this is the last game that you don't go home it you loose. It's a matter of getting back to our game and playing 60 minutes of hockey tomorrow.

Thanks for the info...the goof announcers were talking a drop to a 10...Seven is as good as five. I just wanted to get to denver and get a Number one seed...

Finley interview - No excuses. We got out competed. Credit goes to their pk. Their goalie always sees our puck. Fortunately, this is the last game that you don't go home it you loose. It's a matter of getting back to our game and playing 60 minutes of hockey tomorrow.

i love that, he called it straight. we got beat. move on to uw and next weekend with win or go home games!! go sioux

Yeah and I forgot to say. Once again our PP doesn't show up for the game. It needs work big time. It is down right awful. I mean when you can't even score on a 5 minute PP you know something is not clicking. Yes, UMD PK played good but sorry our PP has been horseshit for quite a while now. I won't even mention the PK. :silly:

Sorry but to go far it'd be great to have special teams that is clicking.

Try watching them lose the national championship game on your birthday. Talk about a birthday gone sour!

Yeah that would definitely be worse.

But it's 2 years in a row now the Sioux have disappointed and lost in the Final Five to not make the championship game near or on my birthday. :silly:

So did Eidsness just decide to let those first two goals in?

If our goalie shows up before we're down by two I don't think we lose that game.

Your right we probably would have won...oh wait we didnt score a single goal

Your right we probably would have won...oh wait we didnt score a single goal

Yes...you're right. But one UMD got up 2, the trap was in...after that, the style of their play changed. but you are still right. We had plenty of scoring chances and UMD made plenty of mistakes in the first two periods...more than enough to bury at least one and make it riskier for UMD to sit back...

Not sure if goalie was to blame for the first one, what was the "D" doing?

The second one look like some puck luck, a spin o rama no look shot....

We on the other hand got no puck luck and had some decent opportunities but couldn't bury them

BE was to blame for the first goal. He came out, stopped the puck and left it on the far side of the net (left side as you face the net) as he skated away from the puck and the play, returning to the goal mouth on the right side...in short, he took the long route around the net (from the pucks position) and it cost him. Had he simply moved the puck along a bit and then let it sit on the right side, the Dog would not have had a shot since BE would have beat him to the net. It was for sure BE's fault on the first one...he didn't see the Dog player because he was facing away from the puck and thus the play - a Cardinal sin...

What an F'in joke we could not buy a goal. WE lost this game the same way we lost in the GLI NO GOALS!!!! I am sick of the gopher fans around me and all the cocky a** comments!!! We better win tomm and I want the Gophers out!!!

Seems to me like you notice the same thing as me as to how much more cocky Gopher fans get when there team is TERRIBLE that year. I would LOVE to watch the Gophers just fail a year and end up like Tech this year or Alaska last year. Boy that would be good to see them fall FLAT on there face instead of just this slow, hopeful fall.

Seems to me like you notice the same thing as me as to how much more cocky Gopher fans get when there team is TERRIBLE that year. I would LOVE to watch the Gophers just fail a year and end up like Tech this year or Alaska last year. Boy that would be good to see them fall FLAT on there face instead of just this slow, hopeful fall.

One of the worst things you'll hear was said tonight by a gopher "fan". When he was getting in a Sioux fans face, the sioux fan asked where the gophers will be in a week, the gopher fan said: at least we won't be sandbagging our houses (i am paraphrasing). College hockey is just a game, like Sagard said somewhere else. That comment is low beyond low, in the opinion of this '97 flood "survivor". Damn, I'm glad and proud to be a North Dakotan!

GO SIOUX, lets win that 3rd place game.