SiouxSports.com Forum

FINAL 5 / NCAA Scoreboard Thead

AZSIOUX

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're #14 on the PWR right now. So if that's how it ends they'd be the last one in, right?

Nope. The pwr can shift more than that this weekend depending on the outcome of all the other games. Teams below 14 are playing and hope to move up through a win or a COP/TUC loss.

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad that the goofs lost, but Stalock makes me nervous. Really have to watch that pass he does up the ice - especially when the other team is changing. We can take him, but everybody is going to have to be going at 100% and on the same page.

If Watty can snipe that pass once or twice it would take that away the rest of the game. But yes, Stalock is a great puck handler, and he sees the ice pretty well from back there. I'd love to see Eidsness get that mastery of the pass in a year or two...

Nope. The pwr can shift more than that this weekend depending on the outcome of all the other games. Teams below 14 are playing and hope to move up through a win or a COP/TUC loss.

I realize that that teams below #14 can win. I was just pointing out that as of right now they're in, but oh so close to falling out.

if that's how it ends

They're #14 on the PWR right now. So if that's how it ends they'd be the last one in, right? That's assuming the two auto-bids only go to the two lower leagues.

One upset tourney winner that's below them in the standings and they'd be out.

yes if it ended tonight they wuld be in with last at large bid. they are gona be doing some serious routing for many teams out there this weekend - must suck :glare:

It looks like falling one more spot to #15 is Minnesota's most likely outcome (35% of remaining possible scenarios), staying at #14 or dropping to #16 are the outcomes for about 20-25% of scenarios each. In about 10% of outcomes they could rise to #13 or above or fall to #17 or below.

Falling one more spot to #15 is Minnesota's most likely outcome (35% of remaining possible scenarios), staying at #14 or dropping to #16 are the outcomes for about 20-25% of scenarios each. In about 10% of outcomes they could rise to #13 or above or fall to #17 or below.

15th and below is OUT for the Gophers. So if I read you right they have a 30% chance of backing into the playoffs.

35% at 15th

25% at 16th.

10% at 17 or Below.

It looks like falling one more spot to #15 is Minnesota's most likely outcome (35% of remaining possible scenarios), staying at #14 or dropping to #16 are the outcomes for about 20-25% of scenarios each. In about 10% of outcomes they could rise to #13 or above or fall to #17 or below.

Thanks for the quick stats!

So as I am looking at those numbers it appears to me that the Gophers have a 30% or so chance of getting that last at-large seat? That's a wee better than I had hoped for, but I can live with that. :glare:

Other bubble teams will be losing this weekend as well, so they can still bounce around a bit in both directions.

Anybody see Stalock in the state tourney against Wheeler's Breck team? Stalock seriously played a hybrid goalie/defenseman position all game long. He was out of the net as much as he was in it. Super exciting though and he was the only reason his team was there.

15th and below is OUT for the Gophers. So if I read you right they have a 30% chance of backing into the playoffs.

Yeah, about 30-35% of all remaining possible outcomes (so we're assuming they're all equally likely) put UMN in the playoffs.

Glancing very quickly through it, the most important to them other outcome I can find is Princeton getting swept (raises their chance up close to 60%), though that's a VERY quick assessment so I could be missing something.