SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final Five Brunch

MafiaMan

I will once again be organizing a Saturday Final Five brunch at the Hoggsbreath for SiouxSports.com fans and friends. We had a GREAT turnout last year and hopefully even more people are interested in sharing some stories and laughs with us this year. You don't have to be a Sioux fan to attend, either. I'll have more details later, but we'll probably be looking at meeting around 11 am.

If you're planning on attending on March 21st, please let me know so I can give the management of the Hoggsbreath an idea of how many people will be attending. I'll give them a good guess-timate a few days before the tournament starts.

Thanks and GO SIOUX!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. and Mrs. Siouxman will be there. We have certainly enjoyed these the last couple of years. A good time to meet and talk with other SiouxSports personalities. And please remind them to put us up on their marquee like they promised last year.

Calling Sioux-cia - Here is your invite.

For those who haven't participated in the past, this is a good time.

Mr. and Mrs. Siouxman will be there. We have certainly enjoyed these the last couple of years. A good time to meet and talk with other SiouxSports personalities. And please remind them to put us up on their marquee like they promised last year.

You gave away the surprise, Siouxman, but I'll remind Tom and Jossie and get it done. What would you prefer to see, "Welcome Fighting Sioux Hockey Fans" or "Welcome SiouxSports.com Fans"?

I will also dig thru my garage and see if I can find some "prizes" to give the fan who travelled the farthest distance for the tournament and for brunch.

So in relation to the Xcel energy center where is this place?

It's a 5 minute drive north on 35E from downtown St Paul to Highway 36 west, first exit after you hop onto 36 west, which is Rice Street, then north on Rice Street about a mile on your right-hand side.

I will be there!!! For those of you who are waiting for your buddies to 'want to go', leave them in the hotel and go without them. We can car pool. I'm staying at the Crown Plaza. Goon your within walking distance of me so we can go together if your buddy doesn't want to go. Who else wants a ride??

You gave away the surprise, Siouxman, but I'll remind Tom and Jossie and get it done. What would you prefer to see, "Welcome Fighting Sioux Hockey Fans" or "Welcome SiouxSports.com Fans"?

I will also dig thru my garage and see if I can find some "prizes" to give the fan who travelled the farthest distance for the tournament and for brunch.

Sorry about that MafiaMan. Just wanted to let folks know that this is a class act (not saying what kind of class though).

NDH, Siouxmama, YaneA, and others who have attended in the past - sign up and join in the fun. We've even had a Gopher fan or two join us, so we are non-discriminatory. Mrs. Siouxman and I are at the Radisson over by the MOA, so if someone needs a ride let us know.

As for the welcome, either one works but Fighting Sioux Hockey Fans seems less restrictive.

Presumably this excludes anyone living in Angoon, AK. I think Sioux-cia keeps moving to all of these far away places just so she can win the prize for traveling the furthest distance. :D

We should be there, and long as my little guy is doing ok. Is this a smoky bar-type place, or is it kid friendly? Thanks for setting this up.

Bob,

MN is now smoke free so it won't be smoky. It is a supper club type place, but fine for kids during the day. They typically seat us in a separate area (not a separate room) off to the side from the main bar. There are other patrons usually arriving to watch some of the NCAA basketball tournament on the big screen. Your little one should be fine as long as Sioux-cia doesn't overwhelm him with affection. :D

Bob,

MN is now smoke free so it won't be smoky. It is a supper club type place, but fine for kids during the day. They typically seat us in a separate area (not a separate room) off to the side from the main bar. There are other patrons usually arriving to watch some of the NCAA basketball tournament on the big screen. Your little one should be fine as long as Sioux-cia doesn't overwhelm him with affection. :D

Nothing like smoke free bar. Yes...

I'm not sure about this year, although I hope to make it. We are bringing the kids this year AND staying near the MOA. Since I have an 11-teen year old girl, the MOA is a trap. Not sure if I can get away, but I will sure try. Siouxman, that might mean I'll need a ride, if you don't mind.

Thanks MM for setting this up again.

Presumably this excludes anyone living in Angoon, AK. I think Sioux-cia keeps moving to all of these far away places just so she can win the prize for traveling the furthest distance. :D

According to Yahoo, driving distance between Angoon and St.Paul is only 2784.43 miles. :D

I've been searching for cheap, direct(no such thing!) flights from here (Juneau) to DC and it will take me 22+hours to get there!!! :D

Bob,

I promise to be good but ya gotta admit those little one's have a way of drawing you into their circle! :D

I'm not sure about this year, although I hope to make it. We are bringing the kids this year AND staying near the MOA. Since I have an 11-teen year old girl, the MOA is a trap. Not sure if I can get away, but I will sure try. Siouxman, that might mean I'll need a ride, if you don't mind.

Not a problem. Give the kid a credit card and join us for fun. :D

Bob,

MN is now smoke free so it won't be smoky. It is a supper club type place, but fine for kids during the day. They typically seat us in a separate area (not a separate room) off to the side from the main bar. There are other patrons usually arriving to watch some of the NCAA basketball tournament on the big screen. Your little one should be fine as long as Sioux-cia doesn't overwhelm him with affection. :sad:

Great, thanks!

I live about 2 minutes from the MOA...