SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC

AZSIOUX

AZ's correct. You see some college recruits get drafted into that league but then choose to go the college route. It's an option for players, but I don't think it's quite at the level of college hockey or the more known Canadian major junior leagues.

Thanks for the info. I was expecting to see a lot of MN, MI, and WI kids on the rosters, but it's mainly western Canada kids. It's good hockey to watch, and really the only hockey to watch in this part of the country. There were, however, a lot of Sioux fans at the game. I wore my Sioux jersey and got a lot of "Go Sioux!" comments.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kidding about it not being as well known, right?

The W is as well known and scouted as the other major junior ranks, and typically, the top end prospects played major junior not NCAA up until one Jonny Toews made people do a double take.

The W is excellent hockey that has produced many NHL super stars.

You're kidding about it not being as well known, right?

The W is as well known and scouted as the other major junior ranks, and typically, the top end prospects played major junior not NCAA up until one Jonny Toews made people do a double take.

The W is excellent hockey that has produced many NHL super stars.

maybe he wasnt aware of it as more known personally. its not like he asked for walski to get a start ???:huh:

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Lineup note: UND goes back to the regular lines using the same personnel as Saturday's game. Only change for CC is Addison DeBoer in for David Civitarese on the fourth line.

UND's lines

17 Jason Gregoire--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

19 Evan Trupp--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

9 Mario Lamoureux--22 Brad Malone--10 Andrew Kozek

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

24 Ben Blood--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

Colorado College's lines

2 Cody Lampl--14 Chad Rau--22 Eric Walsky

21 Bill Sweatt--19 Andreas Vlassopoulos--25 Mike Testwuide

26 Scott McCulloch--17 Tyler Johnson--9 Brian McMillin

5 Addison DeBoer--18 Matt Overman--28 Stephen Schultz

15 Nate Prosser--4 Jake Gannon

11 Brian Connelly--24 Ryan Lowery

10 Gabe Guentzel--7 Kris Fredheim

30 Richard Bachman

1 Tyler O'Brien

Does anyone know anything about the Western Hockey League? I was at the Spokane Chiefs game on Friday night and, although I'm not a hockey scout, I saw what I thought was some excellently skilled players. Tokarski, Wahl, Johnson, etc. I see a lot of kids coming out of the USHL to the NCAA ranks, but very few if any from the WHL. Any ideas why this is??

Heres a link showing all the players drafted in last years NHL draft from the WHL. It says 37 in total and 9 players in the first round. I personally have never watched a game but they must have some decent players if they can get that many drafted in the first round, I'm sure thats more than the NCAA had (just guessing).

http://www.whl.ca/NHL-Draft-s11098

Heres a link showing all the players drafted in last years NHL draft from the WHL. It says 37 in total and 9 players in the first round. I personally have never watched a game but they must have some decent players if they can get that many drafted in the first round, I'm sure thats more than the NCAA had (just guessing).

its a great league overall. just a major junior league instead of college feeding junior league

Well, like I said, Spokane looked solid winning 8 -0 over Portland Friday night. The game was fast and wide open. Tokarski reminded me a lot of Goerning. Not overly big, but always positioned dead on.

According to Brad, Gregoire got nicked up in the Sat game.

So Kozek moves up to the top line and Davidson will take Kozek's spot on the 4th line.

Also, Miller is a question mark too. Finehage is warming up in case Miller can't play.

Ouch.

Hak just said that following their warm-up Gregoire is out and Davidsson is in. Is it an injury or the Flu

dam, that stings. davidson scores tonight for sure ???

per brad

Note: Jason Gregoire was originally on the line chart, but he will not go tonight. He got nicked up in the opener and will be replaced by Brent Davidson in the lineup. Andrew Kozek will be on the top line with Ryan Duncan and Brett Hextall. Davidson will take Kozek's spot on the fourth line.

per brad

Note: Jason Gregoire was originally on the line chart, but he will not go tonight. He got nicked up in the opener and will be replaced by Brent Davidson in the lineup. Andrew Kozek will be on the top line with Ryan Duncan and Brett Hextall. Davidson will take Kozek's spot on the fourth line.

UND's lines

10 Andrew Kozek--16 Ryan Duncan--26 Brett Hextall

19 Evan Trupp--29 Chris VandeVelde--21 Matt Frattin

20 Matt Watkins--11 Darcy Zajac--8 Ryan Martens

9 Mario Lamoureux--22 Brad Malone--15 Brent Davidson

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

24 Ben Blood--14 Brad Miller

31 Brad Eidsness

30 Aaron Walski

Colorado College's lines

2 Cody Lampl--14 Chad Rau--22 Eric Walsky

21 Bill Sweatt--19 Andreas Vlassopoulos--25 Mike Testwuide

26 Scott McCulloch--17 Tyler Johnson--9 Brian McMillin

5 Addison DeBoer--18 Matt Overman--28 Stephen Schultz

15 Nate Prosser--4 Jake Gannon

11 Brian Connelly--24 Ryan Lowery

10 Gabe Guentzel--7 Kris Fredheim

30 Richard Bachman

1 Tyler O'Brien

dam, that stings. davidson scores tonight for sure ???

per brad

Here's to Kozek loading the rifle and snapping a couple past Bachman today!

Davidson for Gregoire isn't the trade I'd like to make, but Hak knows when it's the right call to make.

Go Sioux!!!

he doesnt have a choice with gregoire banged up from last night. toews i think is banged up as well