SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooting against Northeastern in the Beanpot is just plain mean. Of course it's real easy for me to say this with the Gophers having beaten them.

I know. I would really like to see them win one for a change. Also nice work with the color. :angry:

The more important game is the BC game because if they lose then they would no longer get the CoP point. Im not sure if we would over take them in RPI but its a start.

I just don't see Harvard beating B.C. does anyone else?

I just don't see Harvard beating B.C. does anyone else?

I don't know about winning the game . . . but they are currently winning.

1 - 0 Harvard

Harvard is using their backup goalie. BC is using John Muse. (shocker)

31-9 thanks for the updates if you could keep the score updated thatd be great.

Well, it's 1 - 1 now. I'll update the first game, but I don't think I can handle the Championship game emotionally. I'll put all updates in this post, don't want to add extraneous off topic posts to this thread.

Well, it's 1 - 1 now. I'll update the first game, but I don't think I can handle the Championship game emotionally. I'll put all updates in this post, don't want to add extraneous off topic posts to this thread.

you can put them in the weekend hockey scores thread if you would like so this can stay on topic. thanks for the updates

Moy can pontificate about it all he wants but it doesn't change the fact that there is a lot of hockey left to be

played, I would be willing to be that a number of those teams wont be in the final brackets.

To be fair to Jason, his bit is to predict the bracket if the season ended today, not project the final bracket in March.

While the teams will change, it is still interesting to look at factors like host teams placed in their own region (currently Yale, NH, UMTC) and what that does to the brackets.

Over the last few years, his final Bracketology has been pretty accurate.

FWIW:

RECORD LAST 8 WCHA GAMES

SIOUX (MN, Tech, DU, SC) = 5-1-2 Home = 3-0-1 NHL ice = 4-0-2

MAVS (CC, AA, Duluth, MN) = 4-4-0 Road = 2-3-0 NHL Ice = 0-2-0

OFFENSE

SIOUX = 34 GF = 4.25 GF/gm.....269 SOG = 33.63 SOG/gm

MAVS = 25 GF = 3.13 GF/gm.....250 SOG = 31.25 SOG/gm

DEFENSE

SIOUX = 17 GA = 2.13 GA/gm....198 SOG = 24.75 SOG/gm given up

MAVS = 25 GA = 3.13 GA/gm....234 SOG = 29.25 SOG/gm given up

POWER PLAY

SIOUX = 7/46 = 15.2% (0 goals in last 3 games)

MAVS = 12/43 = 27.9% (Have scored at least 1 PP goal in 7 of 8 games)

PENALTY KILL (both teams average 6 penalty kill opportunities per game)

SIOUX = 3/49 = 93.9% (0 goals given up in 5 of 8 games)

MAVS = 11/48 = 77.1% (Have given up goals in 7 of 8 games)

GOALTENDING

SIOUX = Eidsness = 5-2-1 GA = 2.13 SV% = .914, 1 SO

MAVS = Zacharias = 3-2-0 GA = 2.6 SV% = .910, 1 SO

Tormey = 1-2-0 GA = 4.0 SV% = .86

The Mav PP has been significantly better than the Sioux PP over the last 8 games. The Sioux PK has been significantly better than the MAV PP during the same 8 game stretch. Something is going to have to give here.

Possibly the most important factor is that the Sioux have scored 79% of their goals at even strength over the last 8 games, while the Mavericks just 52%. While it's a given that these two teams will spend their time in the box this weekend, I think it will be important for the Sioux to avoid going on the penalty kill as much as possible. If so, and the statistics play the game, then I think the Sioux would stand a good chance on the weekend.

I think it will be important for the Sioux to avoid going on the penalty kill as much as possible...

Nice get on the statistics, daggies.

The LandCows always play the Sioux tough and they certainly have the muscle to make this a pretty physical series. I hope Hakstol has his boys fired up but also on a short leash; this is not a weekend to incur a bunch of penalties reacting to face washes and chippiness.

To be fair to Jason, his bit is to predict the bracket if the season ended today, not project the final bracket in March.

While the teams will change, it is still interesting to look at factors like host teams placed in their own region (currently Yale, NH, UMTC) and what that does to the brackets.

Over the last few years, his final Bracketology has been pretty accurate.

exactly, uscho does right now if the season ended today as they have always done. INCH does more of the predicting style 4x4. it will be right on in the end with maybe 1 or 2 differences