SiouxSports.com Forum

More generosity from the Engelstad Family

Teeder11

Worshipping someone who would have Hitler birthday parties shows a lot of class.

ha, yeah "worship". hey, goon, get your toga on and hurry up or we're gonna be late for our daily prayer session toward vegas. don't forget, we're holding a candlelight vigil at the ralph at 10 tonight where we'll, once again, attempt to summon engelstad's spirit; afterwards, there'll be punch and cookies shaped like ralph's penis.

just because we disagree with your choice to bash engelstad in response to a story about his daughter's charitable donations does not mean we worship anybody. get a clue, lady.

What money did he give for educational purposes?

This press release at fightingsioux.com talks about the donation of $20 million for scholarships and other academic uses at the University of North Dakota. It also discusses many other donations made by the Engelstads.

Of the $20 million gift, $4 million will be designated toward scholarships for underrepresented minority groups in UND

Worshipping someone who would have Hitler birthday parties shows a lot of class.

F' that, no one is worshipping him Skippy no one. I just tend to take teh FBI's word over some bitter anti-name person.

I suppose your one of those morons that think the school should have turned down Englestad's gift?

You are speaking as if you have a great deal of inside knowledge - what/who is your source for your information?

Just another bitter malcontent to come out of the wood work, I wouldn't be surprised if this person was banned under another

name/on line moniker.

ha, yeah "worship". hey, goon, get your toga on and hurry up or we're gonna be late for our daily prayer session toward vegas. don't forget, we're holding a candlelight vigil at the ralph at 10 tonight where we'll, once again, attempt to summon engelstad's spirit; afterwards, there'll be punch and cookies shaped like ralph's penis.

Did someone say TOGA? LOL, I did actually stay in the IP back in 1997 with my wife.

I'm not sure why people keep bringing this up? Do these people think that UND should have declined the money for the arena?

Yes they do, because they think UND sold it's sole. Personally the Arena brings a lot of money and folks to UND.

This press release at fightingsioux.com talks about the donation of $20 million for scholarships and other academic uses at the University of North Dakota. It also discusses many other donations made by the Engelstads.

Pledged is not given. The FBI's word? All they said is they could find no connection between Ralphie and skinhead Nazi orginizations. That does not mean that he did not like what Hitler did. Why have Hitler parties in the first place? If he did not worship Hitler than why honor his birthday? This probabaly did not fly to well with his buddy Oscar, one of his partners in APEX.

Pledged is not given.

The press release stated that the money would be given at $2 million per year over 10 years. The first check was presented shortly after that, so at a minimum they made a donation of $2 million for academics. That was approximately 2 years ago. If UND didn't receive the check a year ago there would have been some Engelstad enemy such as yourself that would have made a stink about it. We get it, you didn't like Ralph and don't like his family. But you can't debate the fact that they have donated large sums of money for a variety of good causes whether you like how they got the money or not.

The press release stated that the money would be given at $2 million per year over 10 years. The first check was presented shortly after that, so at a minimum they made a donation of $2 million for academics. That was approximately 2 years ago. If UND didn't receive the check a year ago there would have been some Engelstad enemy such as yourself that would have made a stink about it. We get it, you didn't like Ralph and don't like his family. But you can't debate the fact that they have donated large sums of money for a variety of good causes whether you like how they got the money or not.

Detroit87, please just go back to the hole that you live in and shut the F up!

Detroit87, please just go back to the hole that you live in and shut the F up!

I would agree because he is here to do nothing but cause trouble.

At least this year the youth hockey programs got the money unlike last year when they did not get a dime. Many people said they would not play this year unless the youth hockey groups were in charge of the money from the auction which netted $4200 this year. $2000 came from TJ himself in fact. Last year TJ's dad pocketed all the money and that is why people would not play this year without the gurantee that the money went to where it was suppose to go. Before anyone blasts me about this call the Blue Line Club. Also the Park District this year and last made sure they had the green fees money in hand before the tourney satrted because they did not trust Oshie's dad because he stiffed people in Warroad.

Here is another great post.

Why do I not have a clue about anything? The truth about your hero sucks huh? How did he keep the Culinary out of his hotel then? Everyother hotel had the union in place. They sat in front of the old Frontier for six years on a picket line but not the Imperial Pit. Someone told the union to leave him alone and since the union was under the control of Chicago and the only people that had this power were Aiuppa, Cerone, and Accardo. I knew about the party back in '86. Ralphie paid a large fine to keep his license. Do not try and say they could not take his license from him like Earl Strinden tried quoting the 1st Admendment since this does not apply to a gaming license. The only other fine that was handed out larger was to the Stardust for letting Chicago skim the joint and they LOST thier gaming license.

How dare someone stand up to a union.

Like having birthday parties for Hitler and your staff wearing European Tour 39-45 t-shirts? Getting on your knees to keep your gaming license for having these parties. Or sending your goons out to beat up the people trying to organize your employees? Sounds like a real nice guy. Oh wait he gave UND an arena so this does not matter.

So anyone want to lay odds on how long it takes for this guy to get his posting privledges pulled? 3 out of 4 posts and nothing but attacks and hate.

Lets just remember that if he actually lives in Detroit most likely he does not have a job and has entirely to much time on his hands.

For the slow ones here, which mens most of you, think real hard now but what happened in Detroit in 1987?

I get qouted about Oshie's slimball dad but no comment on it? People get banned because they do not drink your bramd of kool-aid?

For the slow ones here, which mens most of you, think real hard now but what happened in Detroit in 1987?

I get qouted about Oshie's slimball dad but no comment on it? People get banned because they do not drink your bramd of kool-aid?

Are you Bob Essensa? Maybe Kip Miller? Perhaps Scott Swygman? Scotty S. called the game for Fox TV in 1987, I still have you on VHS.

Seriously though, it is obvious that someone within the UND hockey program wronged you at some point. I read your posts and my screen smokes with the heat from your anger.