SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruit on FSN right now

Chuck Schwartz

Danny Mattson and his Holy Angles teammates are taking on St. Thomas Academy on FSN right now. (3:00 PM Central Time Monday)

Probably not worthy of a new thread but It's late notice and I figured this was the best way to make the most people aware of him playing on TV.

P.S. He's not related to Taylor Matson at Minnesota. Not sure why Gorg thinks that.

That goal was insane! I'm recording now, if they replay it I may YouTube it. Both teams look really good, I think they could hang with D1 hockey.

I don't know about that.

The Sioux on bad days have crisper passes. A lot of sloppy play as well. If you want an example, look no further than STA's 2nd goal. I'm not sure there would have been that great of a chance if the AHA defenseman hadn't decided to skate in full bore and slide like he's going into home with the winning run in the bottom of the ninth.

STA's freshman goaltender though looked fairly sharp for how little he played in the game.

BTW- Mattson ends the game with an empty netter. The goal itself was nothing special, but he did it with a player basically hanging off of him by the skates. Pretty strong on his skates.

I think Mattson and Holy Angels will be on FSN again tonight (January 1) in the championship game of the Schwan Cup Gold Division, against Edina, at 8:30. Not 100% sure, but they've had the Bronze and Silver games on, so hopefully that will be the case. Should be good to watch Mattson against some of the best in the state.

Edit: Brad has it on his blog, so I guess it will be on.

Gosh, my thoughts are thus:

Mattson is good.

AHA is fast.

Marshall Everson is the best player on the ice right now followed very closely by Anders Lee and the other Edina player on that line.

Top to bottom Edina is the better team.

AHA's Burke has played a great game so far, which is why Edina is up by one goal instead of by 3 or 4.

If the first period is any indicator on the outcome of the game, Edina is going to win this game.

Mattson does have at least one assist now, though.

Gosh, my thoughts are thus:

Mattson is good.

AHA is fast.

Marshall Everson is the best player on the ice right now followed very closely by Anders Lee and the other Edina player on that line.

Top to bottom Edina is the better team.

AHA's Burke has played a great game so far, which is why Edina is up by one goal instead of by 3 or 4.

If the first period is any indicator on the outcome of the game, Edina is going to win this game.

Mattson does have at least one assist now, though.

he's got 2 assists.