SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU

AZSIOUX

My ranking of best Sioux performances tonight!

1) Ryan Martens!!!

2) Derrick LaPoint

3) Brad Malone

4) Darcy Zajac

YaneA mentioned Kozek couldn't buy a goal....he could barely buy a SHOT on goal. He missed completely on some good scoring chances more than his fair share of times. I love Kozy, but man, he was off.

Marto got burned more than once.

Eidsness had a good statistical performance, but was pretty sloppy with rebounds and was caught out of position too many times. Eids is the man, and I have no worries with him and think he's our guy from here on out for sure, but it wasn't his best night tonight.

Malone was great tonight. Hustled a lot and started to show how phsyical he can, and should, be. His positioning was very good as well.

The team defense was really good tonight. St. Cloud can put up goals as good as anyone and we shut them out for most of the game.

The guys that all stepped up tonight are the guys that we will need to make a serious run this year. This is going to take a total team effort, so it's nice that these guys got the job done on a night where some of our main guys didn't have that scoring touch.

Let's get another sweep tomorrow and get above .500!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Ryan Martens!!!

2) Derrick LaPoint

3) Brad Malone

4) Darcy Zajac

YaneA mentioned Kozek couldn't buy a goal....he could barely buy a SHOT on goal. He missed completely on some good scoring chances more than his fair share of times. I love Kozy, but man, he was off.

Marto got burned more than once.

Eidsness had a good statistical performance, but was pretty sloppy with rebounds and was caught out of position too many times. Eids is the man, and I have no worries with him and think he's our guy from here on out for sure, but it wasn't his best night tonight.

Malone was great tonight. Hustled a lot and started to show how phsyical he can, and should, be. His positioning was very good as well.

The team defense was really good tonight. St. Cloud can put up goals as good as anyone and we shut them out for most of the game.

The guys that all stepped up tonight are the guys that we will need to make a serious run this year. This is going to take a total team effort, so it's nice that these guys got the job done on a night where some of our main guys didn't have that scoring touch.

Let's get another sweep tomorrow and get above .500!

just got back tfrom the bars, i agree on yur top 4 guys tonight as they all played solid, malone was a friken beast.........lets tget the sweep guys and head into the break ont a great note..........................cant waiot to come back for the umTC series, its on ss membvers.......you see me i buy you a drink, except adam, you rat bastard.........you owe me a drink fro getting you and your boys food in denver at that bar :lol: i love hitting the town hetre after a sioux win..................sweep the one and doners tomorow night and woop theri azzes at the same time

JONES 4 HOBEY

what?

1 more thing, im trashed but you know one thing, BE didnt have his best game at all, made solid saves but was a bit sloppy and he gave up 2 damn goals. thats a hell of a sign and he is simply winning games along with this team

WE SCORE 3 AND ITS LIGHTS OUT MOFO'S

1 MOIRE THING, LONG LIVE THE BEEF TIPS AT SOUTHGATE AND THAT CRACKER BREAD AND SAUCE, AMAZING.............AND THE TOWERS OF BEER THERE

1) Ryan Martens!!!

2) Derrick LaPoint

3) Brad Malone

4) Darcy Zajac

Agree with the 4 above, if not exactly in that order.

I've said this many times before, but Martens is the most underappreciated guy to to put on a Sioux sweater since...? He just continually gets the job done at both ends. Has great vision and anticipates well.

Zajac was a BEAST last night. Was excellent in the defensive zone and did what a centerman is supposed to do...make plays in the offensive end. I thought he was the best player on the ice for UND last night.

I know I've been hard on LaPoint and Malone, but both were very good last night. LaPoint's save of a goal in the first, IMO, was the play of the game. Malone was beast #2. He was very physical and was solid with the puck.

Thought the Frattin, Gregoire, Toews line was very good last night as well.

Defensively, we were good and we are getting better. I really like Blood! And Miller really adds some playmaking back there.

E was not at his best. The weak goal was right in front of us and that is about as bad of a goal as you'll see given up. None the less, he only gave up 2 for the night.

IF this team can start to get anything from the top line, it could have something in the second half of the season. VV just can't create much and when he does Kozek can't find the puck or the net! I thought Duncan played very well as usual.

And finally, the Mario factor. :lol: "I want winners!" and we win when he plays.

Was a fun game to watch and was a great team win.