SiouxSports.com Forum

Eidsness top freshman goalie in the WCHA.

Goon

HE KNEW HIS ROLE

and still does

he is getting his degree im sure of and if he wanted to leave he could have 3 years ago or last year. nobody is forcing him to stay and im sure he wold tell you this day that he never thought he would have the honest chance at a back up role let alone starting 4 games in his career as well. he seems to be a hell of a teammate and seems to have pushed BE into a solid goalie and has started 3 games. you dont seem to get it at all when it comes to roles and playing as you seem to think its 5th grade basketball when every in guarenteed 2 quarters or is it more about walski being from fargo. thats my guess as you did mention that in a post previously.

just gona drop this and agree to disagree dave. i respect others opinions but this isnt going anywhere and you seem to be the only one that doesnt get this

I agree.

And if Ryan Sofie or Renfranz or Walski felt he wasn't getting a fair shake, he could have transferred like Siembida. Siembida went on to play at Quinnipiac and found out that even there, he's only good enough for spot play.

DaveK brings an irrational fanship to players that often don't get fans. I can respect that, even if it grinds the ole gears. Walski has surpassed EVERYONE'S expectations in his 4 years with UND. I mean, someone on here tell me that, when Walski committed to UND they said "Walski is going to out play Brandt, JPL, and JPar and end up the backup his senior year with a few games under his belt too!"

I never expected Walski to play in games that counted...ever. Instead, he has. He still has opportunity to play here and there, but BE simply is better. AND BE will become a great college goaltender because of what Walski brings to the team, even if it isn't in a game.

While Eidsness appears to be the man now for the majority of the games, it doesn't mean we still won't see Walski from time to time. If Eidsness has a slump or needs a break, I am sure Walski will be ready to step in and pick up the slack. If there is one thing we have learned about him is that he is a team player and tackles his situation professionally, which will be great for him when he enters the job market, as everyone can use an asset like that.