SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seawolves can enjoy this win but the Sioux will carry the last few minutes into tomorrow night's game. I don't think Hakstol will allow his team to play this poorly tomorrow.

I'm just debating whether or not to delete this game off my DVR. Not to often I can actually watch the Sioux on my television here and they had to play like they did.

I hope they pick it up by the time they come here for the GLI.

Tomorrow night is another night.

I wish that prognostication about Hak were true, but after 4 years of watching his teams play lackluster hockey in the first half, Im just plain sick of it!

Tough loss tonight, the last few minutes were really the only time I saw the spirit of the team. Hopefully this momentum will stick with them til tomorrow night.

Does anyone know anything more about Finley? Pregame said he would be out indefinately and they would be lucky to have him back in the line up by Christmas. I think they said it was some sort of concussion?

Seawolves can enjoy this win but the Sioux will carry the last few minutes into tomorrow night's game. I don't think Hakstol will allow his team to play this poorly tomorrow.

I'm just debating whether or not to delete this game off my DVR. Not to often I can actually watch the Sioux on my television here and they had to play like they did.

I hope they pick it up by the time they come here for the GLI.

Tomorrow night is another night.

I'd keep it for awhile, rewatch that first period and checkout the missed opportunities, then watch the UAA trap KILL US. Then, watch the 2 goals by the Sioux, and delete the game and wash your hands...actually, take a shower.

Tough loss tonight, the last few minutes were really the only time I saw the spirit of the team. Hopefully this momentum will stick with them til tomorrow night.

Does anyone know anything more about Finley? Pregame said he would be out indefinately and they would be lucky to have him back in the line up by Christmas. I think they said it was some sort of concussion?

simple..he got a concussion. out til 2nd half probably

we sucked tonight

It must have been a head injury not just a concussion. Concussions usually don't keep players out for 3 months.

yes they can. concussion can linger for a while Bruneteau, one of our recruits last year missed tons of time for des moines. concussions are head injuries

Hak said this team was close to putting it together and that they needed to play 120 minutes in a weekend, not 110 like last weekend. Heck, I'd take 62 minutes of solid hockey this weekend!!! :D:whistling: Truly a pathetic performance tonight. Taking one at CC doesn't account for jack if we can't sweep UAA at home. 3-6 with the talent we have is embarrassing.

My best to summarize Hak's comments:

Hak says sioux looked comfortable, which is not good.

Penalty kill was the only good part of the game

Gotta get bodies to the front of the net, didn't happen

When not on edge against defensive team, make it an easy night for them

On Walski getting pulled: had to change something, not Walski's fault, didn't work out.

Shouldn't take til the last 2 minutes to put forth effort.

Veteran team should be better

Mentality has to change tomorrow, have to hate to lose, better be motivated, if they aren't motivated by this, Hak doesn't know what will

Lucky bounce on a goal, bad play on another.

Sioux missed 4 empty nets when it was still 1-0

Best chances didn't get on goal

Tomorrow night on mixing things up: no decisions yet, step back and look at what gives best chance of winning.

haks postgame...

no intensity. made it easy for uaa.

pulled walski for the sake of change, not necessarily anything on walski, but didn't work.

better come in tomorrow with a hatred for losing.

not giving uaa much credit... bad plays, bobbled pucks, and missed four open nets. makes getting that road win a little easier.

he's pretty fired up about the missed open nets, hope this team steps it up tomorrow.

LETS GO SIOUX!!

Comments from Matt Watkins:

Record of 3-6, can't be comfortable, have to dig out of this hole

Starts with tommorrow

Gotta start putting scoring chances away early in games, instead of getting down, tough to comeback every night

Not getting pucks to the net enough

Have to be willing to do more to win games, all about mentality

Gutcheck time, starts with older guys

I hate to be in this position (ranting against my life long favorite team). But, 3-6 is a piss-poor start to the season. And, I want answers about why this team can't get up to win in the Ralph. The "mystery" has gone on too long.

No more excuses. Get your )@#$(R%* together!

that all depends on the person and how many you have had. i was messed up for a couple months after my last one. felt like i was hungover for 2 months

Yeah, but I ws thinking maybe it was worse more like a skull fracture or something like that. I am sure there are varying degrees of consussions but I am just wondering it there was more to it than that. Hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.