SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Eastern Michigan

bincitysioux

Should be a good test for the girls.

Interesting that the Lawson girl is the sister of Cara Lawson that was a stud at Tennessee and now the WNBA.

Thanks for the Link.

I'm more interested in the girl from Kulm, ND starting in the post. Have to admit, I have no recollection of this girl. Wondering if UND and NDSU tried to recruit her or how she ended up in Ypsilanti, Mich.

Yeah, thats what was meant. However, it would be interesting to know how a kid from Kulm ends up in Michigan. Look at our roster right now, every average kid in the northeastern part of the state is on the roster.

Why is it coach daddy that your posts most often seem to be laden with sarcasm or even a "dislike" for some of the Sioux players...going back to last year with "fake tans" and "not worth buying a ticket to" and now "every average kid in the NE part of the state"....got any positives?? I was surprised to see a ND woman on their team too and it would be interesting to know how she ended up there, but did you need to add the last part of the remark????really?:whistling:

Why is it coach daddy that your posts most often seem to be laden with sarcasm or even a "dislike" for some of the Sioux players...going back to last year with "fake tans" and "not worth buying a ticket to" and now "every average kid in the NE part of the state"....got any positives?? I was surprised to see a ND woman on their team too and it would be interesting to know how she ended up there, but did you need to add the last part of the remark????really?:whistling:

While coach daddy does not go out of his way to sugar-coat things and is usually not the most optimistic poster on this forum, he may have a point about UND's recruiting tactics. I can't think of any prominent DI programs, or consistently successful mid-major ones, that heavily recruit eastern ND and Northwest MN. We've had a ton of success with these girls over the years, and it should continue to be the base of our efforts, but I think the coaching staff needs to branch out and expand their recruiting strategies in order for this DI move to be successful. I think the return of Travis Brewster will help with that alot.

I don't mean to pick on WBB, because every program at UND will need to re-evaluated their recruiting strategies, and they all should have started about 2 classes ago.

Yeah, thats what was meant. However, it would be interesting to know how a kid from Kulm ends up in Michigan. Look at our roster right now, every average kid in the northeastern part of the state is on the roster.

I believe Amber Land moved to Kulm from Ohio during high school. Since this was back when ND had Girl's hoops in the Fall, I think she actually played in both states one year. I am sure they scouted her in Ohio.

While coach daddy does not go out of his way to sugar-coat things and is usually not the most optimistic poster on this forum, he may have a point about UND's recruiting tactics. I can't think of any prominent DI programs, or consistently successful mid-major ones, that heavily recruit eastern ND and Northwest MN. We've had a ton of success with these girls over the years, and it should continue to be the base of our efforts, but I think the coaching staff needs to branch out and expand their recruiting strategies in order for this DI move to be successful. I think the return of Travis Brewster will help with that alot.

I don't mean to pick on WBB, because every program at UND will need to re-evaluated their recruiting strategies, and they all should have started about 2 classes ago.

I've been somewhat critical of recruiting in the years since Kimbrough was brought in, but I do like this year's signings. MN alone produces a lot of dI-caliber girls basketball players, and we just need to do a better job of recruiting other parts of the state besides only the NW part. SDSU has provided the blueprint. There's no reason UND can't do something similar.

The history books will forever say that both the men's and women's basketball teams won their inaugural DI games on the same night!!!

I didn't get to go to the game tonight because I had to rush from work just to get to the crapy men's hockey game but it is awesome for the ladies to win their first official DI game!!! I can't wait to watch it on SiouXtra this monday.

I've been somewhat critical of recruiting in the years since Kimbrough was brought in, but I do like this year's signings. MN alone produces a lot of dI-caliber girls basketball players, and we just need to do a better job of recruiting other parts of the state besides only the NW part. SDSU has provided the blueprint. There's no reason UND can't do something similar.

Totally agree w/this thought. That is really all I was trying to say w/my writing. NDSU didn't change their recruiting habits and look where that program is now. I never dreamed they'd have 10 girls on their team and be sitting on 5 scholarships. Just don't want that to happen here. IF we are going to be a DI program that makes the tourney, we cannot recruit NE North Dakota. We have 5? kids on the team or signed for next year from that area. It isn't going to work. Get to Wisc. and the Twin Cities and take those kids who may be looking at Iowa St., Wisc. Green Bay, etc. and get them to UND.