SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BADgers

AZSIOUX

Seidel is an 88 and has to go to college next season, UW has less than zero room for next season. Forney wasn't even playing in that game so he wasn't there watching him. Forney plays for Green Bay.

Possibly, but not real likely. Wisconsin already has Aaron Crandall committed for next season in goal.

Eades NOT Eaves ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UW not missing Grotting much, he didn't do anything against us last weekend. I don't know about whipping ass, it was more like Pat White decided to take the smart route and not get suspended so he decided to defend himself and not throw punches back. I know, weak move, but very smart for us, we need all the players we can.

dont sugar coat it... he turtled and acted like a pansy. i know the fighting rules in college hockey are tough, but you don't turtle and back down from a fight when the other guy already dropped the gloves. if he had already had a game dq from a previous fight, and was facing a two game suspension, that would be a different story. college hockey doesn't see many fights because the penalty is so harsh, but still, come on.

the sioux are gona kick these badgers while they are still winless and get back to .500 on this season. then start rolling ;) positive thinking is the key :D

i cant stand wisconsin almost as much as the other rodent team. i hope we hit them every chance we get. blood, finley, hextall, kozek and mario if hes in. hit, hit and hit and watch mike eaves blow a fuse. 5-3, 4-2 SWEEP

dont sugar coat it... he turtled and acted like a pansy. i know the fighting rules in college hockey are tough, but you don't turtle and back down from a fight when the other guy already dropped the gloves. if he had already had a game dq from a previous fight, and was facing a two game suspension, that would be a different story. college hockey doesn't see many fights because the penalty is so harsh, but still, come on.

If White played for the Sioux you'd be praising him for his discipline of putting the team first as opposed to calling him a panzy. We have league games this weekend and we need White in the line up.

If White played for the Sioux you'd be praising him for his discipline of putting the team first as opposed to calling him a panzy. We have league games this weekend and we need White in the line up.

i agree regarding important league games and not fighting but i wouldnt be praising the player if he was a sioux player at all. i wouldnt critisize either. is what it is. he didnt want any part of a fight obviously and im guessing it wouldnt matter what the circumstances were, white isnt going to fight.

back on topic

GO SIOUX

that's where you are wrong bucky boy, the only time i have been proud our guy didn't fight back was when kaip was getting fist pounded by bruess two years ago because he knew it would cost his and his team two games. he even looked at hak for the go ahead, but he didn't get it, so let his face get pounded until the linesmen broke it up. that is why he was such a great captain, team first, led by example. and bruess got what was coming to him the following season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv72JVfvKPA

im glad you guys think it was the right thing for your team, but sometimes a game is worth setting a tone for the team for the year. fighting just to fight doesn't have a place in college hockey or hockey period, but i think there are times when fighting serves a purpose, and that is an entirely different conversation. don't you guys have a forum for your own team :D but who would we pick on if you guys didn't come over here ;)

that's where you are wrong bucky boy, the only time i have been proud our guy didn't fight back was when kaip was getting fist pounded by bruess two years ago because he knew it would cost his and his team two games. he even looked at hak for the go ahead, but he didn't get it, so let his face get pounded until the linesmen broke it up. that is why he was such a great captain, team first, led by example. and bruess got what was coming to him the following season.

im glad you guys think it was the right thing for your team, but sometimes a game is worth setting a tone for the team for the year. fighting just to fight doesn't have a place in college hockey or hockey period, but i think there are times when fighting serves a purpose, and that is an entirely different conversation. don't you guys have a forum for your own team :D but who would we pick on if you guys didn't come over here ;)

Now this is discipline. Check out Kaip @ the 40 second mark asking Hak if he can foil-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yaD6VS0iXE

im glad you guys think it was the right thing for your team, but sometimes a game is worth setting a tone for the team for the year. fighting just to fight doesn't have a place in college hockey or hockey period, but i think there are times when fighting serves a purpose, and that is an entirely different conversation. don't you guys have a forum for your own team :D but who would we pick on if you guys didn't come over here :D

The only difference between these two instances is that Kaip would've been gone for two games while White would've been gone for just one. And that one game is enough difference to you where you think kaip's actions makes him a great captain who puts his team first while White is a pansy? Ok, I got it. ;)

The only difference between these two instances is that Kaip would've been gone for two games while White would've been gone for just one. And that one game is enough difference to you where you think kaip's actions makes him a great captain who puts his team first while White is a pansy? Ok, I got it. ;)

if you seriously couldn't tell the difference between the two, then i guess you are just another hopeless goofer fan :D . this is why kaip couldn't go with bruess - link below -, and i already posted earlier what happened to bruess the following season. the difference is kaip wouldn't pull the !@$! talk or stick work, then refuse to drop the gloves. white won't, or can't, for whatever reason do this. and kaip didn't fight to prove he was tougher, he did it because it needed to be done. this fight against anderson turned the season around for the sioux, as they rolled to the frozen four... that is the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6DtM-IUIgE

listen to the crowd, look at his team, there was a purpose for that. i am not saying white not turtling and fighting back would have done that for your team, but don't you want a little fight and backbone in your team? you guys are good this year, i'll give that to you, but if you lack anything, you lack toughness. kangas may mask that as i think he is one of the top goalies in the nation, but that was not the discussion here... actually this is a sioux/badgers thread, so sorry sioux fans for the rant.

GO SIOUX!!!

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Weekly Wednesday update

At today's weekly meeting with the media, Sioux coach Dave Hakstol said that Matt Watkins is 100 percent and is ready to go against Wisconsin this weekend.

He also said defenseman Joe Finley is listed as day-to-day. Freshman David Toews, who missed the first weekend due to injury, also is healthy.

I would be calling him a gopher because Sioux players would have worked the BADger player. I am sick and tired of these Gopher pukes starting something then turtling. Gutless.

if you seriously couldn't tell the difference between the two, then i guess you are just another hopeless goofer fan ;) . this is why kaip couldn't go with bruess - link below -, and i already posted earlier what happened to bruess the following season. the difference is kaip wouldn't pull the !@$! talk or stick work, then refuse to drop the gloves. white won't, or can't, for whatever reason do this. and kaip didn't fight to prove he was tougher, he did it because it needed to be done. this fight against anderson turned the season around for the sioux, as they rolled to the frozen four... that is the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6DtM-IUIgE

listen to the crowd, look at his team, there was a purpose for that. i am not saying white not turtling and fighting back would have done that for your team, but don't you want a little fight and backbone in your team? you guys are good this year, i'll give that to you, but if you lack anything, you lack toughness. kangas may mask that as i think he is one of the top goalies in the nation, but that was not the discussion here... actually this is a sioux/badgers thread, so sorry sioux fans for the rant.

GO SIOUX!!!

What about the other Gophers who were on the ice just watching White take one for the team. All of them should have jumped on the pile - do you think Shep would have been able to figure out who to penalize?

The video also shows that WCHA refs don't handle fights like NHL refs do. Once a real scrum starts in the NHL, the rest of the players are ordered to the bench - ejections and fines come if they don't.

\

I'd be a supporter of shootouts if WCHA play if they went away from a 2pt game.

5pts -- regulation win.

4pts/1pt - OT win/OT Loss

3pts/2pts - SO win/SO loss

The NHL scoring system is broke with OT games being worth 3pts and other games only 2.

i don't know about the specifics of how it would work, but i agree with you in principle here. a regulation win should be worth more than a SO win. i like your point spread. i have also heard people throw around...

3pts -- reg win

2pts/1pt -- OT or SO win/OT or SO loss

at least that way. there is more emphasis on a regulation win, and like you said, all games should be worth the same amount of points.

I'll give you 3 clues

1. Both Sioux games are televised on the FSSN

2. FSN Wisco Friday has HS football

3. FSN Wisco Saturday has the Bucks game

You figure it out ;)

"I'm Pat Sweeney happy your with us for another night of Fighting Sioux hockey on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. And a special hello to our viewers watching on the NHL Network"

NHL Network in Canada (and Leafs TV) usually took the feed as is