SiouxSports.com Forum

OPEN vs UND

SiouxMD

At least this week's game is on the radio. :D

The October 11th game can be heard on 96.1 FM (“TheFox”) in Grand Forks and on stations across the Fighting Sioux Radio Network. Dan Hammer calls the play-by-play with former Grand Forks Central coach Mike Berg as his color analyst. Former UND defensive back Kelly Howe provides sideline reports. An audio/video webcast and live stats are also available on www.FightingSioux.com.

Random thoughts and comments on the game today...

1) Parking was free!!!

2) Tailgating crowd was weak. Basically my family and I and some guy with a shopping cart.

3) The Alerus must have had some problems with the doors today...I bet I knocked for 10 minutes before someone let me inside.

4) The line at the beer stand was really short.

5) After the first quarter...there were still some empty seats near the fifty so we got a free upgrade.

6) The crowd never really got into the game but I think we caused two false starts for OPEN WEEK.

7) You had to make your own popcorn...I left my $4.50 on the counter. $4.50 seems really reasonable for popcorn. Don't you think?

8) The referees let the boys play...no penalties...on either team.

9) I finally won the 50/50 drawing!

10) The game was hard to follow with the lights off...but I think we won.

GO SIOUX