SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Doesn't Lee Goren play for the Manitoba Moose and did Jeff Pnazer really get signed, cause I remember playing with the moose also not that long ago

lee goren and ryan bayda play for manitoba. panzer plays overseas in the swiss league and he plays on the same team as brady murray.

AHL PLAYOFF UPDATE, FORMER SIOUX LEFT IN PLAYOFFS..........8 teams left

hartford, colby genoway tied for 5th as of today in playoff points with 3 goal, 6 assists for 9 pts

manitoba, lee goren, 2 goals, 2 assists for 4 pts

manitoba, ryan bayda, 0 goals, 2 assists for 2 pts

houston, bryan lundbohm, 3 goals, 2 assists for 5 pts

houston, curtis murphy, 0 goals, 1 assist for 1 pt

AHL PLAYOFF UPDATE, FORMER SIOUX LEFT IN PLAYOFFS..........8 teams left

hartford, colby genoway tied for 5th as of today in playoff points with 3 goal, 6 assists for 9 pts

manitoba, lee goren, 2 goals, 2 assists for 4 pts

manitoba, ryan bayda, 0 goals, 2 assists for 2 pts

houston, bryan lundbohm, 3 goals, 2 assists for 5 pts

houston, curtis murphy, 0 goals, 1 assist for 1 pt

I'm going to try to word this carefully, but is anyone surprised about just how wonderful Colby Genoway is doing in the AHL? I mean, I knew he was pretty offensively gifted in college, but I had no idea he'd be THIS good when he moved on to the next level.

My memory isn't good though. Was he signed by Hartford or was he signed by the Rangers and assigned to Hartford (Yes, there is a difference)?

My memory isn't good though. Was he signed by Hartford or was he signed by the Rangers and assigned to Hartford (Yes, there is a difference)?

I remember seeing him in a Rangers jersey. So I think he was signed by the Rangers and assigned to Hartford.

I am 99.9% sure that he was signed to an AHL contract rather than an NHL one.

I am 99.9% sure that he was signed to an AHL contract rather than an NHL one.

Read the box score on the canes game tonight. Looks like commodore lead the team in shots! Commodore the offensive machine! :lol:

He took a decent shot in overtime from just outside the right slot, would have been sweet if he would have gotten the series clincher.

so here we go....Commodore and MY CANES!!! vs. Parise and Hale and the Devils. gonna be a good series. i'd expect a game 7 in the end. Cam Ward is standing on his head lately. 8 goals in 133 shots after in effect replacing Gerber as starer for the Canes in net. His first 4 starts in the NHL postseason ever were all wins. And with Mark Recci and Doug Weight (acquired from Penguins and Blues respectively) just now gettign into their scoring routine with each other and the rest of the team, along with Staal, Brind'Amour, Cullen, and Williams all together on offense....Commodore has a great team to back up on defense. Don't get me wrong, with Gionta/Gomez/possibly Parise on the front line, the Devils have a solid first line, but i dont think she skill of all 4 lines can match the Canes loaded depth strength. ok, since i am totally off the topic here, lemme go back to Commodore. A great great defenseman, lots of poise and attention on the ice. And the red hair, ah, i cant wait to get back to good ole North Carolina and go to the RBC Center to watch the Canes again. It's been too long. I cant wait for next season already.

Goren said he fought tentativeness this season in Vancouver, the same problem he remembered working through early in his college days.

I remember watching Lee his first two years at UND. He was highly touted coming in, and he contributed very little. It was really frustrating to watch him, so I can imagine how he felt. I don't think I'll ever forget hearing Blais yell, "Lee!!! Lee!!!" over and over again his first season, to the level where nearly everyone in the arena could hear him.

Commodore fight

scroll down a bit.

not the most exciting fight ever.

Commodore was a bit hesitant to fight Jannsen for a couple of reasons. First, his team was up by 4, and felt no need to go at that time. Second, and this is my opinion, Jannsen packs a punch and Mike's aware of that. You can see throughout the entire fight that Mike uses his reach advantage to stay away from Janssen's punches. Commodore has really developed into a strong defenseman this year, while Janssen's role is to fight. With that being said, I'm sure Mike still realizes that he will have to display physical presence at times, but I don't expect to see it a lot during their playoff run. This fight occurred because Carolina was up by 4, and for no other reason.

Commodore was a bit hesitant to fight Jannsen for a couple of reasons. First, his team was up by 4, and felt no need to go at that time. Second, and this is my opinion, Jannsen packs a punch and Mike's aware of that. You can see throughout the entire fight that Mike uses his reach advantage to stay away from Janssen's punches. Commodore has really developed into a strong defenseman this year, while Janssen's role is to fight. With that being said, I'm sure Mike still realizes that he will have to display physical presence at times, but I don't expect to see it a lot during their playoff run. This fight occurred because Carolina was up by 4, and for no other reason.

You're absolutely right about Cam Janssen. All he does is fight. I like Commodore because he plays defense and, oh yeah, he can fight. With Cam, it is "Cam can fight and did I mention he can play forward or defense or whatever?" With Cam it is fight first, hockey second. With Commodore it is hockey first, fight second.

Janssen is in my list with Scott Parker, Georges Laraque, Tie Domi, and that ilk as being unable to contribute to a game of hockey other than to throw down the gloves. What a waste of roster space.

Zach Parise just scores with 20 seconds left in tonights Carolina/Jersey game. Now they may be giving the goal to Gomez as the puck went off of him, but Zach made the play!

Edit: Carolina scores with 3 seconds left. Going to OT.

Zach and Mike C. have went head to head a few times tonight. Fun stuff to watch!

Zach Parise just scores with 20 seconds left in tonights Carolina/Jersey game. Now they may be giving the goal to Gomez as the puck went off of him, but Zach made the play!

Zach and Mike C. have went head to head a few times tonight. Fun stuff to watch!

Doh, I was just going to post that Parise helps get the GWG................My bad :D

Speaking of Commodore they featured him and his robe on Don Cherry's Coaches Corner tonight and Cherry has agreed to wear the robe for a future show if the Canes advance.

Parise had a goal earlier that was nullified due to gomez interfering with the goalie. :D

I still disagree that it was goaltender interference, as Gomez tripped over Ward's pad, which was outside the goal crease, causing Gomez to fall into Ward. They just didn't want Zach to have the goal!