SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

that type of player would be Scott Walker, a forward on the Carolina Hurricanes who is fast with the puck, a good scorer....plus he is a great fighter when he needs to be. Carolina doesn't use enforcers, in fact, Coach Laviolette hates that type of player. But sometimes you do need someone to step up, and that usually is Scottie Walker. Now, im not saying Carolina should give up Walker. He is one of the best players to come in on a trade in a while to Carolina. Everyone is very pleased with what all he has brought to this team. But find a player like Walker, and you would have a great replacement of Boogard.

Yup.

Some say he was a hack, but I felt the same way about Scott Stevens. He hit hard, fought hard, and was a competant defenseman. He even contributed offensively every now and then.

Vladimir Konstantinov was the same way before he got in that ill fated Limo.

I'd rather dress a third goaltender than a one dimensional fighter like Booogggerrrbrain.

Yup.

Some say he was a hack, but I felt the same way about Scott Stevens. He hit hard, fought hard, and was a competant defenseman. He even contributed offensively every now and then.

Vladimir Konstantinov was the same way before he got in that ill fated Limo.

I'd rather dress a third goaltender than a one dimensional fighter like Booogggerrrbrain.

Who thinks Stevens was a hack?

Don't look now but Eddie's getting into a bit of a groove. 6 wins in his last 7 decisions, and the save pct keeps rising.

the Panthers altogether have been getting int a groove. wasnt too long ago everyone in the SE Division way them as an easy 2 points this season, however they are going nuts now, and are even into the race for that 8th spot in the East all of a sudden............of course, though, it's all thanks to the EAGLE!! :lol:

interesting fact.....watching the Canes vs. Devils game right now, and just saw Parise and then Zajac fall down in succession ON THEIR OWN....

followed by a ringer off the pipe by Commodore....man it was close

and then, Parise gets thrown out of the faceoff circle, and Zajac taeks the faceoff....good to see them playing together....just love it!!

Bochenski and Stafford both with goals tonight in their teams' respective comebacks

ok finally Parise added a goal and Zajac got the primary assist, easily finadsing John Grahame out of position

Ok, I'm fairly lenient on spelling (I just enjoy pointing out various alternatives to spelling player names), but what the heck is finadsing? :angry:

There was a bunch of former "Fighting Sioux Scoring" last night in the NHL. WOW!!!!! Bochenski was camped out in front of the net on the PPG he scored on, boy did that goal look familar to me!! Stafford with a couple nice power moves to go hard to the net and pot a pair, looks like Lindy Ruff is getting the most out of Staff and him and Vanek complement each other nicely. Travis Roche got the lone goal for the Coyotes, and ZPar and Zajac hooked up on a good heads up hockey play with ZPar deeking Grahame out of his jock!!! :lol:

Great to see these guys rockin and rollin in the NHL. And what's on the horizon for us in the future; Osh, JT, Chorns, Ports, they could all be there next year getting their name in lights. :D

Thanks, by the way, for all the updates on former Sioux all season long. I really appreciate it. You, PCM (coaches show recaps), and RedFrog are the greatest.

yeah it was fun for a while, but it got a little old and boring TRYING to keep up with EVERYTHING going on each night.....sorry it hasnt been up for a long time.

I gotta give a shout out to JPar too!!! I'd love to see him get a shot in net for the big team one of these nights!!!! :angry:

yeah i talked to him last night about that. he said that he wont ever know if he is going up or not until they tell him, but, of course, he doesnt see it as a possibility this season, even with the playoffs coming, cause Marty is so good, and Clem, in JPars mind, is a good backup. He also said why worry about the big team when his AHL team has the playoffs to think about as well. He really is a class-act guy. I talk to him every once in a while, maybe once every week or 2. And he never is like, sorry can't talk. As he said last night "it's all about the fans"