SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Heidi -- Embarrassing it is for me to say but 1992 was before I seriously got into hockey. I followed the Red Wings off and on (mostly thanks to SportsCenter) and read the box scores for my boys Yzerman, Konstantinov, and Federov (latter two may have come after that, tho), but I really did not know didly squat about hockey until I arrived went to my first game late in the 1995-1996 season. Heh, I don't recall who we played (I think it was UW because I'm pretty sure there was red in their jerseys) but we lost 3-2, I think.

So I was wrong. Good catch, Heidi.

Heidi -- Embarrassing it is for me to say but 1992 was before I seriously got into hockey. I followed the Red Wings off and on (mostly thanks to SportsCenter) and read the box scores for my boys Yzerman, Konstantinov, and Federov (latter two may have come after that, tho), but I really did not know didly squat about hockey until I arrived went to my first game late in the 1995-1996 season. Heh, I don't recall who we played (I think it was UW because I'm pretty sure there was red in their jerseys) but we lost 3-2, I think.

So I was wrong. Good catch, Heidi.

That's OK Redwing. Not many on this board have been going to Sioux hockey games since they played in the old barn (ya, OK, I was 6 weeks old, wrapped up in so many blankets I'm sure I couldn't have seen or heard anything - BUT I WAS THERE). :ohmy: Once again I'm showing how old I am - oh well - I'm young at heart. :silly:

Mike Prpich had two goals and an assist :D on 5 shots on goal and 6 penalty minutes in New Mexico's overtime loss on Sat night.

I SOOOO need to get myself to a Scorpion game! I'm only about two hundred miles from Rio Rancho.

Hmmm, I won't scare Mike will I? :huh: My sons tell me he'll think I'm stalking him!!!!!! ;)

:ohmy::silly:

I SOOOO need to get myself to a Scorpion game! I'm only about two hundred miles from Rio Rancho.

Hmmm, I won't scare Mike will I? :huh: My sons tell me he'll think I'm stalking him!!!!!! ;)

:silly:

Sioux-cia you'll love this quote from the Albuquerque Tribune on October 28th. :ohmy:

Scrappy Opener

If the score didn't give reason for fans to cheer, the fights certainly did. Three fights broke out, two involving left wing Mike Prpich. Prpich smiled after landing two tough right hooks on a Sundogs defenseman. Fans were heard screaming "Rumble" when each fight initiated.

They weren't so bad in the early 90's with Belfour, Amonte, Chelios, Roenick. I think Dave Christian was on those teams as well. I think they made the cup finals in 92. Belfour had two 40 win seasons. It's been a long time but well with in your lifetime.

Troy Murray would be a Sioux that played there during that time. The Blackhawks were very dominant for a couple years then, including goint into the playoffs one of those years under M. Keenan with the best record in the NHL (don't remember what "trophy" that gets you). Looked dominant in the first SC series, then for the first two games of the second series, but turned to crap and lost four straight to end what looked like Eddie's first great chance at a SC.

Sioux-cia you'll love this quote from the Albuquerque Tribune on October 28th. :silly:

Scrappy Opener

If the score didn't give reason for fans to cheer, the fights certainly did. Three fights broke out, two involving left wing Mike Prpich. Prpich smiled after landing two tough right hooks on a Sundogs defenseman. Fans were heard screaming "Rumble" when each fight initiated.

I love that smile!!!! So should I wear my Fighting Sioux away Green or home White game worn jersey when I go see him?

Today in Former Fighting Sioux:

NHL

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Ottawa @ 7:00 pm ET

Jason Blake: New York Is. vs Pittsburgh @ 7:00 pm ET: 1 assist

Ryan Johnson: St. Louis vs. San Jose @ 8:00 pm ET

Matt Greene: Edmonton vs. Anaheim @ 9:00 pm ET

AHL

Karl Goehring: Milwaukee vs. Hamilton @ 7:30 pm ET

'I Was Always the Kid That Scored the Goals'

Admirals' Bochenski Still Filling the Nets

When you're as hot as Brandon Bochenski, sometimes it's just a matter of time.

Such was the case during a recent game in Hartford, when the Admirals' sweet-shooting center pumped shot after shot high to the glove side of Wolf Pack goalie Steve Valiquette, only to continually be denied.

"Don't worry, coach," Bochenski said on the bench to Admirals coach Mike Haviland. "I'm just setting him up."

Since Chicago just dumped their coach, Linky maybe the new guy will think that way. Maybe you should apply for a job there. :huh:

Ask and ye shall receive!! :ohmy:

11/28/2006 Brandon Bochenski (RW) Norfolk DEL Recalled from loan by Chicago (NHL)

I'm waiting for Chicago's front office to call to get my numbered swiss acount to deposit my fee into. :D

Ask and ye shall receive!! :ohmy:

11/28/2006 Brandon Bochenski (RW) Norfolk DEL Recalled from loan by Chicago (NHL)

I'm waiting for Chicago's front office to call to get my numbered swiss acount to deposit my fee into.

gosh its about freakin time. maybe now the Blackhawks will start winning a game or 2, here and there :huh: once they get toews, and porter helping out bochenski, assuming neither toews or porter get traded to another team first, they will have a formidable team. yes they have good players right now, but they need fillers.people who will actually help the team out and not just be standouts. a team of standouts doesnt get anythgin done. a team with a few standouts and just as many, of not more, gets alot done. thats my opinion

Today in Former Fighting Sioux:

NHL

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Ottawa @ 7:00 pm ET

Jason Blake: New York Is. vs Pittsburgh @ 7:00 pm ET: 1 assist

Ryan Johnson: St. Louis vs. San Jose @ 8:00 pm ET

Matt Greene: Edmonton vs. Anaheim @ 9:00 pm ET

AHL

Karl Goehring: Milwaukee vs. Hamilton @ 7:30 pm ET

not a good night for former sioux...NO ONE WON!

NHL

Mike Commodore: Carolina vs. Ottawa @ 7:00 pm ET: 25 shifts, -1 +/- in 1-4 loss

Jason Blake: New York Is. vs Pittsburgh @ 7:00 pm ET: 1 assist in 2-3 loss

Ryan Johnson: St. Louis vs. San Jose @ 8:00 pm ET: 11 shifts, -1 +/- in 0-2 loss

Matt Greene: Edmonton vs. Anaheim @ 9:00 pm ET: 13 shifts, +1 +/-, 5 PIMS in 2-3 loss

AHL

Karl Goehring: Milwaukee vs. Hamilton @ 7:30 pm ET: 3 SA in 0-3 loss

good article on Mike Commodore stepping up this season for Carolina:

Commodore Article

"After a strong playoff performance, Commodore anticipated there would be a larger role and larger expectations heaped upon him this fall."

"With two assists Friday in the Hurricanes' 5-1 win over Boston, Commodore has matched his regular-season points total (13) from 2005-06."

"When he gets healthy, that's who I want to play with.....I love the way he plays," [bret] Hedican said. "He's one of the best partners I've had. We understood what each other wanted in the defensive zone."