SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

They will go with yet another goalie who will choke in the postseason.

At least we will go into this season with the POSSIBILITY rather than the PROBABILITY of our goaltender choking.

But hey, at least for Minnesota fans pointing at us Red Wing fans, you have to MAKE the postseason in order to choke it away ???

A few notes from a TB blog about Smaby at their prospects camp:

Smaby - His first camp may be a rough one. There'll be a lot for him to take him. He had the broadest shoulders on the ice. He skated well, covered a lot of ice. Tried to make an impression by

hitting at evry chance. Really destroyed one of the tryout guys at center ice who had his head down. Didn't notice him much offensively, the positive being he didn't mishandle the puck much. Maybe a mid/late year call-up from springy. I think going from college to the NHL, he'll get spun around to much without a little professional seasoning.

Smaby - I had a more favorable impression than yeaterday. Showed a nice shot from the blue line, closed very well to take away a couple of odd man rushes. Generally was solid. I still think he'll get spun around a bit by NHL skaters, but he's not as far away as I thought yesterday.

Smaby looked ok. I wasn't real impressed with him as he made some mistakes. Got in to a fight with one of the tryout guys and landed two big punches to end it. Had a nice slap shot. I'd have to see more of him to get a better impression.

Dallas hired 1980 Canadian Olympian and former NHL player Kevin Maxwell as a pro scout. The 46-year-old native of Edmonton was assistant director of pro scouting for the New York Islanders for the last nine years.

No mention of his one FIGHTING SIOUX year.

A few notes from a TB blog about Smaby at their prospects camp:

Smaby - His first camp may be a rough one. There'll be a lot for him to take him. He had the broadest shoulders on the ice. He skated well, covered a lot of ice. Tried to make an impression by

hitting at evry chance. Really destroyed one of the tryout guys at center ice who had his head down. Didn't notice him much offensively, the positive being he didn't mishandle the puck much. Maybe a mid/late year call-up from springy. I think going from college to the NHL, he'll get spun around to much without a little professional seasoning.

Smaby - I had a more favorable impression than yeaterday. Showed a nice shot from the blue line, closed very well to take away a couple of odd man rushes. Generally was solid. I still think he'll get spun around a bit by NHL skaters, but he's not as far away as I thought yesterday.

Smaby looked ok. I wasn't real impressed with him as he made some mistakes. Got in to a fight with one of the tryout guys and landed two big punches to end it. Had a nice slap shot. I'd have to see more of him to get a better impression.

way to go! how come he never got into a fight here?

Zajac Story

Now that his academic career is put on hold, Zajac can admit the classroom was somewhat secondary at UND.

"Well, I don't want to directly say that," Zajac chuckled when asked if he was just at UND for hockey.

"After my second year at college I felt I was ready for the next step. It was a great stepping stone for my career and I learned a lot. They have a great program there."

who cares, the reporter tried to make a little something out of nothing.....most of the players at top notch programs are there to play hockey 1st and go to school, then make the next step to the NHL

good luck to travis, hope he can make the team with zach.....will david hale be back with nj this season?

who cares, the reporter tried to make a little something out of nothing.....most of the players at top notch programs are there to play hockey 1st and go to school, then make the next step to the NHL

good luck to travis, hope he can make the team with zach.....will david hale be back with nj this season?

With the Gomez 5M contract, NJ is going to have to dump several of their established players so both Hale and Zajac could join Zach Parise as regulars in the Devils lineup.

With the Gomez 5M contract, NJ is going to have to dump several of their established players so both Hale and Zajac could join Zach Parise as regulars in the Devils lineup.

Link. Another story about the cap problems facing the Devils. Zajac playing with the big club is FAR from a cinch.

Link. Another story about the cap problems facing the Devils. Zajac playing with the big club is FAR from a cinch.

Given his size, skating ability, and strength, I think Zajac is one of the more polished NHL ready players to leave UND for the NHL. I would contend he is more NHL ready than Zach was.

Given his size, skating ability, and strength, I think Zajac is one of the more polished NHL ready players to leave UND for the NHL. I would contend he is more NHL ready than Zach was.

There is truth to that, but nevertheless, the Devils would be foolish to rush things along. I bet Zajac starts the year in Lowell and makes his NHL debut (barring an injury call up) in January

i obviously missed that page...woops.........

That's ok, it's not nearly as embarrassing as ESPN posting it around when I posted my quoted message, then forgetting that they posted it and reposted it thinking it is new news.

Maybe ESPN means "Entirely Stupid Productions Network" ???