SiouxSports.com Forum

Curtis Murphy traded to Nashville

choyt3

Probably a good deal for Murph though my heart wanted to see if he had a chance here with the Wild. Seems like maybe he didn't quite fit the mold the Wild is looking for in a defenseman. Hopefully he'll have a chance to make the show in Nashville.

Good luck, Murph!

This should be a nice move. Murphy has a good chance of playing with Nashville, joining former Sioux star Greg Johnson. The Preds are a fun team and its a good place to see a game. Their crowd is reminiscent of a college crowd, with Cell Block 303 being great. Best of luck to Curtis. He was one of my favorite Sioux.

I agree (I'm doing alot of that lately) with sentiment on the board but I'm wondering why?

Minnesota is a good team, but scoring D, I thought was something they could use. Curtis, statistically speaking, looked stellar in his pro career so far. I admit he is a tad small, but is that really a problem?

It seems to me that Nashville got the better end of the deal. It also appears to me that this trade was lopsided. One doesn't trade someone like Murphy for a dude who's only positives seemingly are his +/- and his size.

In Sioux terms, I think it would be like trading Nick Fuher or Lee Marvin for someone like the Wookiee!

Good acquisition: Nashville

Poor decision: Minnesota

My opinion

One doesn't trade someone like Murphy for a dude who's only positives seemingly are his +/- and his size.

I won't go so far as to say whether it was a good or bad trade but that is why I said this:

Seems like maybe he didn't quite fit the mold the Wild is looking for in a defenseman.

In Sioux terms, I think it would be like trading Nick Fuher or Lee Marvin for someone like the Wookiee!

Wasn't the Wookie a forward?

I was kind of hoping to see Murphy with the Wild for more than a gamem but I think that he will have a better chance playing for Nashville than he would with the Wild. Best of luck to Murph, show 'em what Sioux hockey is all about. Nashville still needs defenseman even if they aquired Murphy, I would think they still migh try to get Suter to sign.

I do not know what position Wookiee plays. I don't think he even knows!

It appears that Curtis Murphy did indeed go to the Preds, but Smrek is NOT a Wild. It was a three team trade with Ottawa. Ottawa gets Smrek.

The Wild get LW Chris Bala. He had 6 goals and 18 assists in the AHL last season (51 games) plus he has NHL experience (1 assist in his short NHL career so far).

For info on source, I got it from ESPN.com at:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2003/0626/1573182.html

I have no size numbers on him.