SiouxSports.com Forum

Political Discussion

Jim, how much political discussion is allowed on SiouxSports.com? Do we have to stick to topics that are directly pertinent to UND? Or can we discuss general political issues? I am asking becuase it is an election year, and it may be good to allow some discussion of politics. Especially those issues that are in ND or are ND related.

Of course, this wouldn't work if people resort to personal attacks and the like. But those types ruin more then just political discussions.

I won't blame you if you don't want to go down the political road though.

No politics, please.

Frequent readers already see then tensions of known differing political persuasions leak into other discussions between frequent posters. It seems like a bad idea to amplify that by encouraging people to discuss issues sure to create divides and bad feelings.

Other off-topic discussions don't harm the board's primary mission as a place people interested the Sioux can comfortably converse and can help increase the sense of community and familiarity between members. We've always thought political discussions could make people less comfortable or friendly with others in the community, thus harming its primary mission as place to have friendly discussions about the Sioux.

The Community forum notes "no politics please" in its description and "no politics and religion" is posted near the top of the Forum Terms and Rules.

It's been discussed in the past and the overwhelming response was that people actively don't want a politics forum here.

A place for political discussion?

Since "no politics" is my prior, it would take tremendous interest from members to convince me that such a forum could help the community rather than harm it.

As Goon pointed out, there's no shortage of places on the Internet that you can talk politics, you don't need SiouxSports.com to have a politics forum to have such an outlet. If you only want to talk politics with hockey fans, try USCHO. Daily Kos and Huffington Post make the news a lot as left-leaning political discussion blogs (though I can't personally vouch for either). I'm not thinking of any similarly large right-leaning forums off the top of my head, though others can surely help.

If you only want to talk politics with hockey fans, try USCHO. Daily Kos and Huffington Post make the news a lot as left-leaning political discussion blogs (though I can't personally vouch for either). I'm not thinking of any similarly large right-leaning forums off the top of my head, though others can surely help.

If some one is really interesting in political blogs PM or email me and I will get you pointed in the right direction.

Talking points memo or this one hot air

Town Hall there are lots more if you look for them. I will link a few more but I have

to go out and walk Dakota.