SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Lakes Invitational

dagies

Anyone have thoughts on the GLI?

If I read right, the first games are UND/UM, and Tech/State.

I would predict State would win that battle, and you have to give UND a chance to beat UM because they are losing 3 good players to the world junior? tournament.  In addition, they are somewhat like the Sioux this year in that they have a young team.

That being said, I would say that the Sioux have a good chance to have a top 2 win.  State might like to take a bit of revenge for the Frozen Four loss from last year, so they would be hyped I think if the Sioux should win.

I'm predicting:

State

Sioux

Tech

UM

How about that?

We should have a chance against Michigan if we actually show up to play a full game.  I'd like to think that the SLU series would give the boys some confidence to go against Michigan full-bore.  However, if they play like they did against Mankato, St. Cloud, etc., it could get pretty ugly.

Actually, Michigan's Eric Nystrom was a late addition to the U.S. team, so Michigan is without four players.  As with SLU, this really is a game UND should win.  Whether they will or not, I don't know.  But you need to take your breaks when you get them, and getting Michigan without it's best forward and best defenseman, plus two good contributing freshmen forwards, is a break.  I'm hoping they come out with some real jump.