SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-BC Game Thread

bigsioux21

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PersianGulfSioux, Are you deployed at the time? The following info was posted earlier today that AFN would be showing today's game tape delayed, and Saturday's game live -- but understand why you might want real-time updates on todays game!

QUOTE (Mikey @ Apr 10 2008, 11:07 AM) *

I didn't think I was going to be able to watch the games at all since I was deployed.

But I just found out the good news: the BC/UND game will be on @ 1000 tomorrow morning (tape delay) and the title game will be on live at 2:00am. AFN actually got something right, thank god.

BTW, first post smile.gif

Brad has posted the lines:

UND's lines

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--10 Andrew Kozek

20 Matt Watkins--17 Rylan Kaip--21 Matt Frattin

14 Brad Miller--29 Chris VandeVelde--8 Ryan Martens

26 Kyle Radke--11 Darcy Zajac--22 Brad Malone

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Boston College's lines

9 Nathan Gerbe--17 Brian Gibbons--12 Ben Smith

25 Matt Price--22 Dan Bertram--13 Pat Gannon

15 Joe Whitney--14 Matt Greene--21 Benn Ferriero

18 Kyle Kucharski--24 Matt Lombardi--27 Andrew Orpik

2 Anthony Aiello--4 Mike Brennan

5 Tim Filangieri--6 Tim Kunes

26 Nick Petrecki--7 Carl Sneep

1 John Muse

30 Andrew Margolin

29 Alex Kremer

Live webcam from Denver looks like it's decent for fans to get around the city. http://apcd.state.co.us/live_image.aspx

The rain has turned to snow here in Sioux Falls, and it looks like a full-blown blizzard already. Good time to hunker down and watch the Fighting Sioux play hockey!

It's sunny in Boise and not many know the SIOUX but that will change when they win #8.

Brad has posted the lines:

UND's lines

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--10 Andrew Kozek

20 Matt Watkins--17 Rylan Kaip--21 Matt Frattin

14 Brad Miller--29 Chris VandeVelde--8 Ryan Martens

26 Kyle Radke--11 Darcy Zajac--22 Brad Malone

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--25 Jake Marto

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

Boston College's lines

9 Nathan Gerbe--17 Brian Gibbons--12 Ben Smith

25 Matt Price--22 Dan Bertram--13 Pat Gannon

15 Joe Whitney--14 Matt Greene--21 Benn Ferriero

18 Kyle Kucharski--24 Matt Lombardi--27 Andrew Orpik

2 Anthony Aiello--4 Mike Brennan

5 Tim Filangieri--6 Tim Kunes

26 Nick Petrecki--7 Carl Sneep

1 John Muse

30 Andrew Margolin

29 Alex Kremer

no trupp...damn..musta not been as ready as they thought..

What will it be ?

Lammy saves the day ?

or will we finally put it all together & light them up ?

Better yet Both ???

Next year we will be OK - maybe even Great again - but I'm going to miss many on this team who won't be back

We win tonight imagine how FIRED UP we will be Sat. :D

Hakstol's pre-game comments:

No question, I don't know how to compare it to last year. We didn't get the job done and this year is a new year. That hunger to move on is pretty great.

That's what it comes down to this time of year. Different teams with different styles. Can't change your game. We're going to go do what we do.

I think you have to be aware of their players that sneak out/cheat a little, but we also have to make good plays with the puck and play a good game.

Part of our success today has to be getting after their defense, spending time in their zone. They'll get their chances. For a smaller team, they'll grind it out, but we have to get it in their zone and make some plays.

I think we're in as good of health as we've been in the past few months. We're healthy enough to play today.

Goaltending is so big in a game like today. Phil has been our stabilizing factor all year and we know he'll do it again today.

TV timeouts will be long today, and it makes it hard to get it into that flow. We have to adjust. We want to get out and go nose to nose with their guys.

I think you'll know what's going on from the drop of the puck. We're going to go nose to nose.

TJ is pretty darn close to 100% and that frees you up mentally. He's felt good all week and had great practices. If he's not 100%, he's close.

I hope we can give the Sioux fans here something to cheer about.

It's going to be a tough game. The neutral zone will be the key, as well as how the officials will view the physical elements of the game (we have a huge size advantage, whereas they have 7 players shorter than 5'10" including two at 5'6").

It won't be a WCHA crew, I hope.

I don't see either team playing cheap. BC isn't that kind of team. However, Finley's elbows are head height on Gerbe and Whitney.... Unless Finley cannonballs, he might take a few minors for elbowing...

Quick edit: I agree with dagies. I'll surely be disappointed if we lose this game, but I won't be calling for any heads to roll. BC is just darn good and has had our number since 2001 in the NCAAs at least.

Does anyone know where to pick this up on the net? I will be stuck at my desk and will NOT be able to leave under any circumstances. I can try to get through the game and keep people from telling me the score or winner - but it didn't work last year and don't want to take the chance.

Any help would be GREAT!

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Does anyone know where to pick this up on the net? I will be stuck at my desk and will NOT be able to leave under any circumstances. I can try to get through the game and keep people from telling me the score or winner - but it didn't work last year and don't want to take the chance.

Any help would be GREAT!

GO SIOUX!!!!!

espn360.com for video (doesn't work for everyone)

kfgo's webpage for radio

PersianGulfSioux, Are you deployed at the time? The following info was posted earlier today that AFN would be showing today's game tape delayed, and Saturday's game live -- but understand why you might want real-time updates on todays game!

QUOTE (Mikey @ Apr 10 2008, 11:07 AM) *

I didn't think I was going to be able to watch the games at all since I was deployed.

But I just found out the good news: the BC/UND game will be on @ 1000 tomorrow morning (tape delay) and the title game will be on live at 2:00am. AFN actually got something right, thank god.

BTW, first post smile.gif

I work the night shift so I will be unable to stay up until 1000 this morning, you are correct, there is no way I could hold out to watch a replay. I have to know how the game is going.

Any help would be GREAT!

GO SIOUX!!!!!

I'm using this

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/ncaa/18759-ncaa-t...rozen-four.html

i hope it works

It's going to be a tough game. The neutral zone will be the key, as well as how the officials will view the physical elements of the game (we have a huge size advantage, whereas they have 7 players shorter than 5'10" including two at 5'6").

It won't be a WCHA crew, I hope.

I don't see either team playing cheap. BC isn't that kind of team. However, Finley's elbows are head height on Gerbe and Whitney.... Unless Finley cannonballs, he might take a few minors for elbowing...

Quick edit: I agree with dagies. I'll surely be disappointed if we lose this game, but I won't be calling for any heads to roll. BC is just darn good and has had our number since 2001 in the NCAAs at least.

Great post. We saw last year that that was a factor. I hope it isn't this year, but I also hope that people realize this before blindly hitting the post button. As for expectations, I truly believe that we have had the best team the past 2 years. We just couldn't finish the job. This year I still think we have the most talent but that we aren't the best team. If we play like we are able to, I don't think we can be beat. However, it is a crapshoot. I actually think that we might have a better chance at getting through without being labeled the favorite.

That being said, Go Sioux!!!!!!

Less than 15 minutes to go!

Expectations are that Sioux will win but it'll be a close game.

Not ready to discuss the possbilities of losing as of yet... way too early for that...

Watching at home with the kids and looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on the board as thing progess.

HERE WE GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!