SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Ticket Scam on Craigslist/Ebay

UND83

Denver Craigslist has tickets for sale in which you e-mail the person for more info and they tell you to go to E-bay to purchase tickets. Once on E-Bay site, they say Paypal is not being accepted but use Western Union. DO NOT use Western Union.

Here is a link: Scam Info This info isn't directly related to this scam, but it is similar.

Things to watch:

Contact person is in England

Must pay by Western Union

Denver Craigslist has tickets for sale in which you e-mail the person for more info and they tell you to go to E-bay to purchase tickets. Once on E-Bay site, they say Paypal is not being accepted but use Western Union. DO NOT use Western Union.

Here is a link: Scam Info This info isn't directly related to this scam, but it is similar.

Things to watch:

I had the exact situation happen to me on Monday, and thankfully I never sent any money. I still have copies of the emails with the guy. DO NOT fall for the ebay invoice that he will send you, he also says your going through an ebay agent. He told me his paypal is not working and needed me to use money gram. I thought the whole situation was fishy.... his email address and the guy to send the money to were different and he wanted me to send the money to Manchester UK. If you have any questions about this be sure to pm me or ask me on the thread.

Things to watch:

Had the exact same scenerio happen to me yesterday as well...buyer beware!!

My scam e-Bay seller was Jane Trusty. I had a ball with her jacking her around. Kept telling her to send tickets, and I would send cash, with a big tip. Scary thing is, when I asked her to send me a .pdf of tickets, she did send a photo of tickets.

Anyway, her claim that her PayPal account was shut down for nine days was a dead giveaway. That, and the fact that my "official" e-Bay Notification of Purchase, although on an e-Bay banner, looked like it was written by a fourth grader.

I think that they use the reference to a Pay Agent in the U.K., and insist on the use of Western Union, to maybe avoid potential mail fraud charges. Who knows.

My scam e-Bay seller was Jane Trusty. I had a ball with her jacking her around. Kept telling her to send tickets, and I would send cash, with a big tip. Scary thing is, when I asked her to send me a .pdf of tickets, she did send a photo of tickets.

Anyway, her claim that her PayPal account was shut down for nine days was a dead giveaway. That, and the fact that my "official" e-Bay Notification of Purchase, although on an e-Bay banner, looked like it was written by a fourth grader.

I think that they use the reference to a Pay Agent in the U.K., and insist on the use of Western Union, to maybe avoid potential mail fraud charges. Who knows.

My ebay invoice also looked like it was written by a fourth grader. My sellers name was Rob Mark and wanted payment sent to Joel Waters.

Mine too. :lol:

I just got two emails from ebay telling me that two F4 ticket listings I was watching were "null and void". ebay cancelled the listing but then the email goes on to say that if they're relisted, I'm welcome to bid on them. :lol: I wonder if those were part of the scam members have been subjected to?

Same thing happened to us and a friend. We were both inquiring about tickets from Jane Rusty. We found out they were in the same section and same row, but one set of 4 was $300 more than the other. Our friend did get to the point of her wanting the Western Union route and he decided it just wasn't right.

WHEW!

1. Do all the tickets that people are trying to buy look the same?

2. Anything particular we buyers need to be aware of (hologram...)?

3. Can someone post a picture of their tickets.

I just don't want Sioux fans (or anyone for that matter) to get taken.