SiouxSports.com Forum

I survived another one

Fetch

I just got home & the trap was used big time down there

& we played absolutely terrible Friday (Lammy did OK & yes Big Joe stunk the place up - but I still love him & think he has improved a lot this yr)

You can't play 5 to 10 minutes in the 3rd & expect to win :sad: Not scoring 5 on 3 was shameful :D

I was really bummed out

But sat next to some (actually very nice & knowledgeable) Goopher fans ;)

Played much better Sat. but the Goophers Fans all thought CC was gassed from the night before

I'm tired but love the X & the whole tournament environment down there - but it all goes by way too fast

Met Siouxcia & Sioux momma & families :D

What is weird about staying in hotels in St Paul, near the X, is about the time you kinda figure out the walkways & streets (it's time to go home) :wink:

Puck luck & goalies can decide who wins from here on out - as there are many good teams & goalies this yr

Kangas appears to be the real deal

Glad I have tomorrow off too

Glad you had fun because that is what is all about, oh and watching great hockey.

if und plays like they did on saturday afternoon the 8th nc banner will be raised.

One more thing, if some sioux fans would put their blinding hatred aside for the Gophers and gopher fans I think you would realize we aren't that bad.

We wound up in the same hotel as Fetch, but managed to survive. Other than the loss to Denver, it was a good trip.

Thanks to MafiaMan for organizing the SiouxSports.com gathering at Hoggsbreath. We had just about 20 people there Saturday morning. It was a fun time. Those in attendance included Sioux-cia, Siouxmama, PCM, NDH, Mr & Mrs. Siouxman, MafiaMan, and a few others. Lots of good stories. Hoggsbreath promised to put us on the marquee next year if we give them a couple days notice!

Also got to meet MeanEGirl Saturday night.

Ate at Mickey's Diner, and that was an experience. While we were their, Georgia Engel (played Georgette on the Mary Tyler Moore show) was there. And yes, her real voice is the same as in the show.

Now, it is time to work on getting to Madison.

Got back from the Final Five:

Other than us playing crappy on Friday, good time.

Got to sit next to some really nice Gopher fans, BTW.....if you are a gopher fan who sat in section 111, near the top.....thanks, you made my experience good. I had some really nice conversations with them.

Got to meet Nick Mattson on Friday night. I was sitting in my seat and happened to look four rows down as three teenagers were sitting down. I thought, Hey I recognize the middle one. I figured it out and went down and was like my friends and I are having a debate over who you are and I say that you are nick mattson. He said that is because I am. I said hi and that we were excited for him to come. Yeah, that is my story. It was kind of weird, especially when I randomly saw him walking around the arena the next night too.

I ran into Nick twice - & got to meet him too - he looks good

& yes cujo I agree - most F5's in the past I hung around my kids (all supposed to be young adults) :wink: & tried feebly to keep up with them - Not gonna happen anymore ;)

This time my wife & I did our own thing more - But I kinda think the Goophers were alittle more humble than usual :D

Best Final Five for the gopher fans around us as well. A couple of pretty decent guys right behind us, and on Saturday one of them had his gal and his 2 young kids with them. They were a blast!

Got a couple of seconds of "I'm Not Hostile Or Abusive" on the big screen. Been waiting a couple of years for that opportunity.

Best Final Five for the gopher fans around us as well. A couple of pretty decent guys right behind us, and on Saturday one of them had his gal and his 2 young kids with them. They were a blast!

Got a couple of seconds of "I'm Not Hostile Or Abusive" on the big screen. Been waiting a couple of years for that opportunity.

That was pretty good.........

One more thing, if some sioux fans would put their blinding hatred aside for the Gophers and gopher fans I think you would realize we aren't that bad.

I actually met several nice Gopher fans this weekend and the fans sitting behind us in row 10 of section 102 were great. The bad apples of our section, some fans near the boards, were about 4-6 drunk Sioux fans obnoxiously waving HOLY CROSS and RIT signs for the entire Thursday and Friday night games.