SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Ford Motor boycotting the REA over Sioux name?

star2city

It would not surprise me with Ford. Henry Ford was a supporter of Adolf Hitler so I suppose there is some face to be saved even in stupid ways like this. Ford's market share is like 19% and declining and we probably won't have to worry about it being around much longer. Maybe it should have better things to worry about than a nickname right?

It would not surprise me with Ford. Henry Ford was a supporter of Adolf Hitler so I suppose there is some face to be saved even in stupid ways like this. Ford's market share is like 19% and declining and we probably won't have to worry about it being around much longer. Maybe it should have better things to worry about than a nickname right?

That's ok. I've been "boycotting" their product for years. Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

• 2 months later...

I don't remember seeing a ton of Fords when I was in GF anyways...granted my wife and brother in-law had one, but those are about the only two I can think of off the top of my head. The rest were Chevy (a lot of UND vehicles are Chevy and GMC), and GMC...though doesn't Ford own GMC or something like that? Either way...Fords suck, that's why people don't have them in GF.

I don't remember seeing a ton of Fords when I was in GF anyways...granted my wife and brother in-law had one, but those are about the only two I can think of off the top of my head. The rest were Chevy (a lot of UND vehicles are Chevy and GMC), and GMC...though doesn't Ford own GMC or something like that? Either way...Fords suck, that's why people don't have them in GF.

GMC and Chevy are the same. Ford is the only major American car I will buy.

Ford was also Anti-Semitic, so obviously the reason why they didn't sponsor the Curling Tourney is because UND has a Jewish Student Organization. :silly:

But... wouldn't that work in REA's favor as Ralph was a Nazi lover too? At least, according to everyone not associated with UND or the FBI anyways.