SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

What are thundersticks? Something easily thrown on the ice? LOL

the worst promotion ever are thundersticks, plastic things you wack together and able to throw if you are 5-10 rows deep from the ice. wear white - go sioux

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My frusturations with the Ralph are endless!!! I'm a senior and have experienced four different ways of handing out student season tickets in the four years that I have been here. The combination of the problems between the Ralph, Ticketmaster, and Student Government are getting ridiculous!!! I was one of the students that lined up outside of the Ralph to buy playoff tickets and subsequently got screwed out of lower bowl. Well I don't sit in the upper bowl (haha) and so I found a sympathic student who had extra lower bowl tickets due to a miscommunication between friends and bought their lower bowl tickets from them. Walking to lunch today I saw another friend of mine that is sitting in the same row as I am this weekend. He asked me if I had been moved to which I had no response because I didn't know what he was talking about.

Turns out that when they sold the student playoff tickets, they forgot about the band and sold their seats. Instead of simply moving the band or not having them perform, someone at the Ralph decided that it would be easier to move ALL the students that are sitting in the band's seats. Now I'm not really sure what happened to the season ticket holders, because I have long ago heard that this was a sold out series... but I was informed that I will now be sitting in section 110 instead of 109. I'm not very happy about it, but I will survive. Now, my only problem is that the new tickets are being held hostage at the Ralph Box Office.... because I bought the tickets from another student, they are under his name, and he is the only one that can pick them up. So now, just hours before the game, I am forced to try and get a hold of him, convince him to go out of his way and pick these tickets up, meet up with him, and get the new tickets. I feel bad for him, because it shouldn't be this complication... at all.

I just don't understand why ticket distribution can't ever go smoothly..... :)

My frusturations with the Ralph are endless!!! I'm a senior and have experienced four different ways of handing out student season tickets in the four years that I have been here. The combination of the problems between the Ralph, Ticketmaster, and Student Government are getting ridiculous!!! I was one of the students that lined up outside of the Ralph to buy playoff tickets and subsequently got screwed out of lower bowl. Well I don't sit in the upper bowl (haha) and so I found a sympathic student who had extra lower bowl tickets due to a miscommunication between friends and bought their lower bowl tickets from them. Walking to lunch today I saw another friend of mine that is sitting in the same row as I am this weekend. He asked me if I had been moved to which I had no response because I didn't know what he was talking about.

Turns out that when they sold the student playoff tickets, they forgot about the band and sold their seats. Instead of simply moving the band or not having them perform, someone at the Ralph decided that it would be easier to move ALL the students that are sitting in the band's seats. Now I'm not really sure what happened to the season ticket holders, because I have long ago heard that this was a sold out series... but I was informed that I will now be sitting in section 110 instead of 109. I'm not very happy about it, but I will survive. Now, my only problem is that the new tickets are being held hostage at the Ralph Box Office.... because I bought the tickets from another student, they are under his name, and he is the only one that can pick them up. So now, just hours before the game, I am forced to try and get a hold of him, convince him to go out of his way and pick these tickets up, meet up with him, and get the new tickets. I feel bad for him, because it shouldn't be this complication... at all.

I just don't understand why ticket distribution can't ever go smoothly..... :)

wow i feel really bad for you! :) that would really suck to go through all of that i hope everything works out for! But on a better note at least you will be there unlike me :)

Turns out that when they sold the student playoff tickets, they forgot about the band and sold their seats. Instead of simply moving the band or not having them perform, someone at the Ralph decided that it would be easier to move ALL the students that are sitting in the band's seats.

No offense, but that's just a really bad idea.

Having been a student in recent years, and sat near the band in all ways, I can say that I love having them in the lower bowl. I think it's great that they are seen (not hidden), and creates more excitement for students who want to be a part of it. Where would cowbell guy be without the lower bowl seats? Not that I am particularly fond of him, but some people were. It creates a fun atmosphere. Just look where Wisconsin puts their band...front and center. (having never been to the Kohl Center, I am completely guessing).

Granted, it would suck to be supplanted for their mistake, I understand why they did it. Plus, it's amazing you still got lower-bowl seats out of the deal.

I really hope the Ralph will be rocking, and am glad that the band can be a part of it! WAAAY more glad than I am about the thundersticks (which I hate). Just give out plain white shirts, XL or XXL, and have everyone wear them. Perfect idea.

Having been a student in recent years, and sat near the band in all ways, I can say that I love having them in the lower bowl. I think it's great that they are seen (not hidden), and creates more excitement for students who want to be a part of it. Where would cowbell guy be without the lower bowl seats? Not that I am particularly fond of him, but some people were. It creates a fun atmosphere. Just look where Wisconsin puts their band...front and center. (having never been to the Kohl Center, I am completely guessing).

Granted, it would suck to be supplanted for their mistake, I understand why they did it. Plus, it's amazing you still got lower-bowl seats out of the deal.

I really hope the Ralph will be rocking, and am glad that the band can be a part of it! WAAAY more glad than I am about the thundersticks (which I hate). Just give out plain white shirts, XL or XXL, and have everyone wear them. Perfect idea.

Two thumbs up!

Though, as much as I hate thundersticks, I would love to be at the Ralph this weekend, with the thundersticks. There's nothing more fun than watching the Sioux play in a roaring arena.

Two thumbs up!

Though, as much as I hate thundersticks, I would love to be at the Ralph this weekend, with the thundersticks. There's nothing more fun than watching the Sioux play in a roaring arena.

i agree, thundersticks or not i would love to be at the ralph this weekend!! go crazy sioux fans, be loud as hell and rock the ralph!

Ok... just an update in case anyone is interested.... I talked to the Sioux Crew president, and she was able to help me figure out the ticket situation so that I do not have to track down the guy that I bought the tickets from and I can pick them up myself. I'm not 100% sure where we are being moved to, but it is someone in section 110 the side closer to the students (once again, I'm not sure what happened to the people that were supposed to be sitting there). I'm hoping that by having students in more than just the student section we will be able to help spread the noise better....

I'm glad that we'll still be connected to the student section even though we won't be in it. Also, to make up for the inconveince they are providing us with food vouchers for tonight. I'm really glad that this is something the Ralph discovered before hand (why it only happened the night before I'm not sure) and didn't just wait until everyone got to the arena and told us then. It could have been handled better initially, but their response from what I've seen so far has been very good.

Now I'm ready for some hockey!!!

LET'S GO SIOUX!!!!

I understand what you guys are saying about handing out white shirts... But I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it, IT COSTS MONEY to get 11000 shirts. Why can't everyone just go along with this for a couple games and wear their own white shirt/sweatshirt/jacket/coat/etc?! It can't possibly be SO HARD to do that, can it?

I understand what you guys are saying about handing out white shirts... But I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it, IT COSTS MONEY to get 11000 shirts. Why can't everyone just go along with this for a couple games and wear their own white shirt/sweatshirt/jacket/coat/etc?! It can't possibly be SO HARD to do that, can it?

it is hard to get everyone to do it. it just is. if you think its that simple you are mistaken as when you see white outs from different sports or black outs or green outs, shirts are given away before the game when you enter the building. you are right it costs money for shirts, thats right on. a company would have to step up and do that down the road which is very possible to do with time to plan for next years playoffs.

I'm all for wearing whatever color they choose to do a white/green/black out, but unfortunately, The Ralph will NEVER get it out to everyone that has a ticket for that game. In a perfect world, it could just be on the radio and newspaper and everyone would see or hear it. But still, not everyone will go along with it.

The best way for a white out to happen is to hand out shirts, that not everyone will wear, but I'd bet most would. Now, to pay for those shirts. The Relay for Life has T-shirts with major sponsor logos on the back. How many major sponsors does The Ralph have? I'd bet enough to split up that total $ amount into something quite manageable. They could even go to a few other businesses to advertise on the shirts. 25 business logos on the back would work.

Thats my 2 cents on how a white out could work.

There is no explanation, but it just wont happen. Maybe if you had to have white on to get in :) Or put fresh white paint on all the walls with lean on me signs haning on them :) No idea, but I guarantee white will not be the dominant color :)