SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

I Thought that was hilarious! nobody could get the bears over the net!

What was Serratore talking to campion about right after the bears where cleared? Was he pulling a Gwoz and upset that they let something like that happen during the game?

we were getting bombarded in the 6th row :lol: better soft teddy bears than glow sticks :D it worked out ok, my little girl got a new stuffed animal.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was Serratore talking to campion about right after the bears where cleared? Was he pulling a Gwoz and upset that they let something like that happen during the game?

I'd think that the coaches would be in the loop about the bear toss.

If not, that would maybe be a legit complaint.

i think he was aksing the difference between the check from behind on bsu compared to earlier when our player hit a bsu player and got 2 minutes. wasnt close to a CFB but that may be what it was

Scanlon said he saw the note on the board outside the locker rooms informing both teams of the teddy bear toss, so Seratore was aware of it.

I'm not convinced that waiving off Bina's goal was the wrong call.

I've rewatched that goal a few times and VV is still in the crease when the puck comes into the goal. He was definitely pushed into the goalie so that's not his fault. I think the gray area is the amount of time it took him to leave the crease. He was definitely interfering with the goalie for a while, and some of that is a result of being pushed in, but somewhere there's a line crossed where the forward has to exit or else he's as fault for interfering with the goalie. He may have been trying to get out and his equipment may have been tangled with the goalie, I don't know. Either way, he's still in the crease when the puck enters the goal and I can see how the ref might blow that off.

The Sioux have had so many goal replays go their way in the month + after Christmas that they are bound to have some go against them, fair or not. Better now than during the tourney.

I'm not convinced that waiving off Bina's goal was the wrong call.

I've rewatched that goal a few times and VV is still in the crease when the puck comes into the goal. He was definitely pushed into the goalie so that's not his fault. I think the gray area is the amount of time it took him to leave the crease. He was definitely interfering with the goalie for a while, and some of that is a result of being pushed in, but somewhere there's a line crossed where the forward has to exit or else he's as fault for interfering with the goalie. He may have been trying to get out and his equipment may have been tangled with the goalie, I don't know. Either way, he's still in the crease when the puck enters the goal and I can see how the ref might blow that off.

The Sioux have had so many goal replays go their way in the month + after Christmas that they are bound to have some go against them, fair or not. Better now than during the tourney.

the ref waived it off because you can see VV didnt get out out of there after he was pushed in. he had a second or 2 to get out and he didnt right away and i think thats what the ref based it on. i was 50/50 on it and still am. it didnt mean anything and was a tough call to make. oh well.

Has anybody started sundays game thread???

I need updates today... I am at work with no computer... I'm using my blackberry to check the scores on the thread... This sucks but it will have to do

EDIT: just found the thread never mind

games over :D sioux win 1-0

Went to HS school with Tyler Lehrke's dad - (BSU player who's in the penalty box)

I have it on good authority that Tyler's younger brother, Zach, would love to be a future Sioux player! He's having a great year playing hockey for Park Rapids this year!

Over on GPL the expert there says he would like to be a Gopher, but was recently close to committing "somewhere else" until the Gophers showed some interest. I guess we'll have to see how it shakes out. No idea where "somewhere else" is.