SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday/Saturday NON sioux Game Discussions

AZSIOUX

Wow. Brutal weekend for the Bulldogs. Zero goals. That must have been absolutely agonizing for their fan base.

This will only build the hornet's nest intensity that will be around the DECC next weekend. The Dogs are in new dire search of wins

and they will be coming doubly hard at the Sioux.

CC is obviously a team on a mission as well. A couple of Sioux-Tiger matchups before the season is over would be some sweet college hockey.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Brutal weekend for the Bulldogs. Zero goals. That must have been absolutely agonizing for their fan base.

This will only build the hornet's nest intensity that will be around the DECC next weekend. The Dogs are in new dire search of wins

and they will be coming doubly hard at the Sioux.

CC is obviously a team on a mission as well. A couple of Sioux-Tiger matchups before the season is over would be some sweet college hockey.

it sure would be great! UNH sounds like they are rolling big time out east right now. michigan, sioux, unh and cc seem to be the top 4 as of today. this time of the season is great!

who cares :D go sioux :D

I agree, who cares if MN hates us more than Wisconsin. We are the Fighting Sioux.

I should let this go, but it is classic FSN and Puffy looking through those rose colored glasses, did anyone else notice the cross check at the shoulders of a Badger player on the ice after the buzzer sounded ending play for the second period. Not a word was said, no replays .. nothing!!!! after Puffy blew his horn for two weeks about the Sioux you thought that he might mention it to give himself a little credibility. But, no nothing as expected!!! - Good Grief!!!

Yeah, isn't it interesting how Flynn gets thrown in the box for *GASP* throwing a punch in response to a shot from a Badger. Let's see now, the Sioux start everything, so either Davidson or Forney must have been down in Mpls. Flynn had his guy on the ground and threw at least 1 punch. Oh, wait...he had his gloves on. So that's not thuggery, that's just normal.

In one shift I saw Bickel give a Badger an elbow to the head, and then another gopher hit the same guy high.

I just don't understand why the Sioux always play so cheap compared to everyone else in the league.

2. Speaking of the Wheeler penalty, UW had no drive at all to win the game. They played well ONLY after UMN scored. Once they tied the game, they coasted. For a playoff team (at least one on the bubble) this UW team is awful. They may be the worst playoff team in the WCHA.
I have to agree with you here. Maybe it was watching a game on the frozen ocean, but the Badgers, especially, looked disinterested down the stretch in the 3rd. I couldn't believe how many pucks they let MN beat them to in their own zone, or what they seemed to lack in a first step to anywhere. Did they really not care that much? Or does Wisconsin just lack speed and quickness?

mankato is about to take a bad loss to UNO who is 11-13-4. they are down 3-2 late third in mankato. not good for them and im assuming will hurt their pairwise a little.

FINAL - UNO 4 MSU 2

this was just a 1 game series

Games of interest for the Sioux this weekend:

In order of importance, IMO

North Dakota at Minnesota-Duluth - Go Sioux!! (take care of our own first)

Minnesota State at Colorado College - Go Mavs!! (want a shot at the MacNaughton)

Denver at Michigan Tech - Go Huskies!! (not only to distance us from Denver, but to keep MTU as a TUC).

Ohio State at Miami (Fri only)(on CSTV) - Go Buckeyes!! (Miami is too close for comfort in the PWR)

Ferris State at/vs Michigan - Go Bulldogs!! (they did it against Miami a couple weeks back)

Merrimack at/vs New Hampshire - Go Warriors!! (need help to pass New Hampshire in the PWR*)

*see bracketology thread for a question I have about a specific scenario regarding this series

Games of interest for the Sioux this weekend:

In order of importance, IMO

North Dakota at Minnesota-Duluth - Go Sioux!! (take care of our own first)

Minnesota State at Colorado College - Go Mavs!! (want a shot at the MacNaughton)

Denver at Michigan Tech - Go Huskies!! (not only to distance us from Denver, but to keep MTU as a TUC).

Ohio State at Miami (Fri only)(on CSTV) - Go Buckeyes!! (Miami is too close for comfort in the PWR)

Ferris State at/vs Michigan - Go Bulldogs!! (they did it against Miami a couple weeks back)

Merrimack at/vs New Hampshire - Go Warriors!! (need help to pass New Hampshire in the PWR*)

*see bracketology thread for a question I have about a specific scenario regarding this series

go sioux - sweep

if msu opens the door a little thats cool, if not then sweep out cc and we will as well both getting 1 seeds!

1 win from tech will do good things fo their tuc but i dont see it happening. they get swept and drop as a tuc

1 win from ohio state would be very nice. get miami off our heals for a 1 seed

michigan has a 1 wrapped up i think but with kolarik gone who knows hw they finish, will porters numbers drop a bit?

unh is damn good, they sweep or will they have a letdown after clinching the hockey east title last week

wcha tonight

Minnesota at Alaska-Anchorage 7:35 AT

Wisconsin at St. Cloud State 7:05 CT

Minnesota State at Colorado College 7:35 MT

Denver at Michigan Tech 7:05 ET

Merrimack at New Hampshire

Ohio State at Miami 7:35 ET

Ferris State at Michigan 7:35 ET

wcha tonight

Minnesota at Alaska-Anchorage 7:35 AT

Wisconsin at St. Cloud State 7:05 CT

Minnesota State at Colorado College 7:35 MT

Denver at Michigan Tech 7:05 ET

Merrimack at New Hampshire

Ohio State at Miami 7:35 ET

Ferris State at Michigan 7:35 ET

Winners:

Minnesota

SCSU (UW will probably win it, but seriously...after how badly UW played last Saturday, I can't imagine them being a threat if Jase plays well)

CC

TECH!!!!!

UNH

Miami (though if tOSU won I wouldn't be surprised. Despite this, it is good vs. bad cupcake)

Michigan (Please... this game is only important because Michigan can wrap up the CupCake Hockey Association by winning it. It's a lot like...SCSU playing UAA in terms of good hockey).

Ok, I shouldn't be so hard on Michigan. They're the only team from the CCHA that has a legit chance at making the Frozen Four.

Winners:

Minnesota

SCSU (UW will probably win it, but seriously...after how badly UW played last Saturday, I can't imagine them being a threat if Jase plays well)

CC

TECH!!!!!

UNH

Miami (though if tOSU won I wouldn't be surprised. Despite this, it is good vs. bad cupcake)

Michigan (Please... this game is only important because Michigan can wrap up the CupCake Hockey Association by winning it. It's a lot like...SCSU playing UAA in terms of good hockey).

Ok, I shouldn't be so hard on Michigan. They're the only team from the CCHA that has a legit chance at making the Frozen Four.

i say mich and mich state as they know what it takes and you cant discount that. all depends on the brackets i guess. go sioux

i say mich and mich state as they know what it takes and you cant discount that. all depends on the brackets i guess. go sioux

AZSIOUX love the new sig!

I think the gophs are going to choke at least one game this weekend, maybe both. Probably get in some stupid fights and end up with a few more DQs. Do we want to play the Gophs for the play in round??? I have my tickets.

AZSIOUX love the new sig!

I think the gophs are going to choke at least one game this weekend, maybe both. Probably get in some stupid fights and end up with a few more DQs. Do we want to play the Gophs for the play in round??? I have my tickets.

thanks

i dont care who we play in the first round of the wcha but i think it will be m-tech if we hold onto 2nd as i dont see CC losing 2 games out of their 4 left. gophs should beat uaa this weekend, if not then stick a fork in them.

the uw-csu series is big for both teams for pairwise implications and wcha points, im gona lean towards scsu, gophs should sweep, du sweep and we sweep

MSU does have a history, sure, but last year was very much a fluke. I can't help but think that, if UND had gotten past BC, we could have handled MSU.

So, I guess you are right. Brackets do matter.

MSU does have a history, sure, but last year was very much a fluke. I can't help but think that, if UND had gotten past BC, we could have handled MSU.

So, I guess you are right. Brackets do matter.

a fluke? im not going to go that far because we didnt even make it to the title game and they played damn good and most importantly they had a hot goalie. i do think we could have bet them but then again you need som bounces ect.....will be fu to see how the brackets play out

thanks

i dont care who we play in the first round of the wcha but i think it will be m-tech if we hold onto 2nd as i dont see CC losing 2 games out of their 4 left. gophs should beat uaa this weekend, if not then stick a fork in them.

the uw-csu series is big for both teams for pairwise implications and wcha points, im gona lean towards scsu, gophs should sweep, du sweep and we sweep

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of us seeing duluth again in 2 weeks.