SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs BSU BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

I think it's scary to go into the postseason without a backup that has at least started a game. If the Sioux don't get Walski in a game they are a pulled groin or concussion away from attempting to crown the season with a backup who's never started a game in his career.

i agree but i dont think 1 game started and played through is gona be the key if we make a frozen 4 run without phil which isnt happening anyway but you get my point. we knew from the get go that phil was the guy and if he did ever go down we would be in trouble. so far so good, the only way hes getting hurt is when he makes his glove saves he may throw his shoulder out of socket himself :lol::lol: besides that we are good ;)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree but i dont think 1 game started and played through is gona be the key if we make a frozen 4 run without phil which isnt happening anyway but you get my point. we knew from the get go that phil was the guy and if he did ever go down we would be in trouble. so far so good, the only way hes getting hurt is when he makes his glove saves he may throw his shoulder out of socket himself :lol::lol: besides that we are good ;)

Phil could also hurt himself while doing one of those many silly dives that he attempts game in and game out. God, I hate those things. What was with him laying on the ice, not moving a muscle for a full minute or more, back earlier this year? New Hampshire maybe. I know that I, among many, was genuinely concerned that he might be hurt, even badly. Then, he gets up and skates away. Pure poppycock. He could at least have moved a hand, or a skate, while he was milking that one. I do not think that he was knocked out cold. If he was, never mind. I like Phil. I just think that he is a lousy diver.

Phil could also hurt himself while doing one of those many silly dives that he attempts game in and game out. God, I hate those things. What was with him laying on the ice, not moving a muscle for a full minute or more, back earlier this year? New Hampshire maybe. I know that I, among many, was genuinely concerned that he might be hurt, even badly. Then, he gets up and skates away. Pure poppycock. He could at least have moved a hand, or a skate, while he was milking that one. I do not think that he was knocked out cold. If he was, never mind. I like Phil. I just think that he is a lousy diver.

:lol: yeah, at least give us a thumbs up or a wink on camera ;)

Starting Aaron is the right thing to do. If we lost with him, big deal...Phil has lost plenty of games in his career. Yeah, our Pairwise would take a hit, but we're still going to make the playoffs, and like AZSioux said in the Bracketology thread, either way you have to beat 2 good teams to make the Frozen Four. So, in the long run, starting Aaron is the right thing to do. He's put in his time. Like dagies said, if JPL got hurt, to have a goalie that never made a start (or even play this season) would be scary to watch, plus Aaron would have to go in cold. If he knows he'll get a start, he can mentally prepare and do the things it takes to get ready to be the starting goalie.

If we were to win, and win convincingly, with Aaron as our starting goalie for a game, that will do wonders for the confidence of a team.

Starting Aaron is the right thing to do. If we lost with him, big deal...Phil has lost plenty of games in his career. Yeah, our Pairwise would take a hit, but we're still going to make the playoffs, and like AZSioux said in the Bracketology thread, either way you have to beat 2 good teams to make the Frozen Four. So, in the long run, starting Aaron is the right thing to do. He's put in his time. Like dagies said, if JPL got hurt, to have a goalie that never made a start (or even play this season) would be scary to watch, plus Aaron would have to go in cold. If he knows he'll get a start, he can mentally prepare and do the things it takes to get ready to be the starting goalie.

If we were to win, and win convincingly, with Aaron as our starting goalie for a game, that will do wonders for the confidence of a team.

regardless of who starts sunday the sioux will win. if he gets the nod then thats great and the boys will kick ass for him! i think our team is just fine on a 11 game unbeaten streak though. i dont think it needs to made into a biogger story than need be if he does start and get the win. its great if aaron starts on sunday and if he doesnt then thats fine as well as hak will do what it takes to keep the wins coming and continue the roll onto denver. either way we are gona drop 10 + on bemidji and keep this streak going. hak wouldnt ever ever put him out there if he didnt have confidence in him vs bemidji state. dam i hate that the sioux are not playing on friday but it makes sunday even a better day :lol:

Ah, the Blue and Gold Banquet. Can't beat 'em, especially if the leaders make them entertaining and fun.

I was a Cubmaster for years in the Cities, and consequently missed a good chunk of Sioux hockey games.

You have all of your priorities straight here Siouxmama. Your children will only be children, and Tiger Cubs and Cub Scouts, for but a few years, and then they will be grown and gone. Well, maybe gone unless you let them start living in your basement. On the other hand, Sioux hockey will be around forever.

No doubt someone will step up to the plate and record the game for you. I am not in a position to do so, but applaud your commitment to your children over your hockey.

Excellent post.

I am unable to attend the Sunday game this weekend, but would really like to see it. Is there anyone out there that would record it for me, so I can watch it later. I have DirecTV so I cant record it myself.

I havent missed a home game since Oct '06 when I attended a family members funeral (but did get to watch it on TV...Loss againt Maine). This sunday my Tiger Cub son has his Blue and Gold banquet. Cant hardly miss that. :lol:

Please reply to this post, or PM me if you can help me out. I live in Thompson, so I'm in the GF area.

Thanks

I would definitly record it and mail it to you, but I work Sunday. I'll be watching it online, but no recording epuipment here...sorry.

regardless of who starts sunday the sioux will win. if he gets the nod then thats great and the boys will kick ass for him! i think our team is just fine on a 11 game unbeaten streak though. i dont think it needs to made into a biogger story than need be if he does start and get the win. its great if aaron starts on sunday and if he doesnt then thats fine as well as hak will do what it takes to keep the wins coming and continue the roll onto denver. either way we are gona drop 10 + on bemidji and keep this streak going. hak wouldnt ever ever put him out there if he didnt have confidence in him vs bemidji state. dam i hate that the sioux are not playing on friday but it makes sunday even a better day :lol:

I hope Walski gets the start Sunday too. I agree a solid win with him in net would be a positive for the squad. I think Saturday's game will be close - tied going into the 3rd, with the Sioux wining 4-2 and Sunday 6-2 Sioux.

Speaking of watching things on tv...is the WI @ MN game tonight on tv anywhere? I know the Saturday game is (including on CSTV), but saw that a baseball game is being televised (not sure why..?).

WI/MN game is on the Big 10 - so no TV unless satellite or bar.

Also tonight, MI/MI State is on CSTV at 7pm and AA/Den is on FSN RM and FCS Atlantic.

WI/MN is on FSN tomorrow night, along with MI/MI St on FCS Atlantic.