SiouxSports.com Forum

Ness in Roseau

hermit

This has probably been discussed before but how did he get away? His dad even played here. I wonder if Bowen was still coaching if that would have made a difference since he was good friends with Nestie.

just didnt come to UND, oh well. move on. great recruit for minny. im sure this was discussed a lot in the prospective recruits thread months back when this was a hot topic. if his dad was jay ness he didnt exaclty play many games for the sioux. 9 games one year and 10 games his 2nd and last year. he went where he fealt was best for him.

i cant believe that he is going to give up his senior year just to go play college hockey! i understand that it is what you work for your whole life and you will do anything to get to the next level but senior year is the best time of your life and you get to hang out with all your buds and everything! if i was in his shoes i dont think i could give it up!

i cant believe that he is going to give up his senior year just to go play college hockey! i understand that it is what you work for your whole life and you will do anything to get to the next level but senior year is the best time of your life and you get to hang out with all your buds and everything! if i was in his shoes i dont think i could give it up!

age wise he will be just as old as many other freshman so hes no that young at all compared to other juniors or like toews did when he came in a year early. hes ready for his next step and thats all that matters as his final destination will be the nhl/pros

age wise he will be just as old as many other freshman so hes no that young at all compared to other juniors or like toews did when he came in a year early. hes ready for his next step and thats all that matters as his final destination will be the nhl/pros

i am not saying age and skill wise because he will be fine. i am just saying when i was in high school the best part about playing sports was just hanging out with your buds!

i am not saying age and skill wise because he will be fine. i am just saying when i was in high school the best part about playing sports was just hanging out with your buds!

true but there had better be some nice girlies in that mix as well!!

thats the life

and the next best thing in life is heading to college as a top hockey player with 25,000 females around :silly: unless he has a girl there already but even if so whatever :lol:

This has probably been discussed before but how did he get away? His dad even played here. I wonder if Bowen was still coaching if that would have made a difference since he was good friends with Nestie.

Before he committed to Minnesota, he told the coaches that he would be interested in playing here and a short while after that he committed to Minnesota without ever taking a visit here. From what I understand, the number 1 reason that the went to Minnesota is because of the olympic rink and the open style play. I have also heard more than once that his dad doesn't have good relations with the Sioux program.

true but there had better be some nice girlies in that mix as well!!

thats the life

and the next best thing in life is heading to college as a top hockey player with 25,000 females around :silly:unless he has a girl there already but even if so whatever :lol:

His GF is Bemidji Sr Sarah Erickson who is heading to the Gophers next year on a hockey scholarship.

Before he committed to Minnesota, he told the coaches that he would be interested in playing here and a short while after that he committed to Minnesota without ever taking a visit here. From what I understand, the number 1 reason that the went to Minnesota is because of the olympic rink and the open style play. I have also heard more than once that his dad doesn't have good relations with the Sioux program.

I figured that played a part in it.

I like Jim Tressel's take when he was recruiting Laurinaitis. His mom said Tressel told him, "If you come to Ohio State, we will compete for a national championship. If you don't come to Ohio State, we will compete for a national championship."

I'm not positive but didn't 2 or 3 of our guys graduate early, missing their senior year, so they could play for the Sioux? I know Toews did and I think Finley and maybe one other player also graduated early for the same reason?

Playing hockey at the college level (with an excellent program) means there is a possiblity to play professionally. These young men are thinking about their futures. Can't fault them for that.

I like Jim Tressel's take when he was recruiting Laurinaitis. His mom said Tressel told him, "If you come to Ohio State, we will compete for a national championship. If you don't come to Ohio State, we will compete for a national championship."

Personally, I think Jim should refine that quote a bit:

"If you come to Ohio State, we'll at least take the field before being drubbed by [insert SEC team here] for a national championship. If you don't come to Ohio State, we will take the field before being drubbed by [again, insert SEC team here] for a national championship."

Personally, I think Jim should refine that quote a bit:

"If you come to Ohio State, we'll at least take the field before being drubbed by [insert SEC team here] for a national championship. If you don't come to Ohio State, we will take the field before being drubbed by [again, insert SEC team here] for a national championship."

SPEED KILLS :silly:

who cares, they didnt make the natinal title game or a bcs game :lol: appalation state kills :huh:

I'd rather win a bowl game than get spanked in one. Way to go, Buckeyes! Tressel must be seething at how poorly his team played. It could be worse, though. Just ask Bob Stoops.

Are you tryin' to say 'Appalachian State'? :silly:

I'd rather win a bowl game than get spanked in one. Way to go, Buckeyes! Tressel must be seething at how poorly his team played. It could be worse, though. Just ask Bob Stoops.

Are you tryin' to say 'Appalachian State'?

of course i was trying to say that.......no it gets worse, ask mike stoops here in az, hes a tool bag. wow :lol: u of a lost 3 top recruits that verbaled to u of a then swithced to asu saying they werent smart enough to get into u of a but the standards are the same to get into asu :huh: one of the kids had a 1410 on his SAT and great gpa...i cant stand the stoops family

back to topic regarding aaron ness :silly:

Meh, he probably won't be the biggest of goal scorers, hopefully more of a playmaker who can control the puck and take over on the power play, let Schroeder come in and light the lamp all game

Lakeville's Jordan Schroeder enjoys life at Hockey High

i think ness is a genoway style player. end to end if need be with a chance to land some pp goals. similar size i believe. not big at all but very very skilled. very important type of player to have in the lineup which i dont think the gophers have so yes it will be a boost if everything else falls bask into place